Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

FYI: system restore

5 posts in this topic

today i had another ongoing issue with my low memory problem. i went from 157 to 155 GB in 24 hours. so i got to thinking, maybe i should increase the values on the paging file..it didnt do much..then i said "maybe its the system restore" so i turned that off on disc C and viola! my memory jumped to 188GB! and it is behaving far better than before. amazing outcome. so remember, if you have a low memory problem, check out the sys restore option. memory problems are always on my mind. right now i dont have money to buy a newer pc.

With discipline the restorepoint can be manually set when and if necessary.  With regular detailed backups when you are sleeping the auto thingy of Windblows is a waste of resources.

Cool post for folk who can manage their destiny.  Thanks

I only system restore when I get virus's, or something really screwy goes on with my computer. - I suggest you keep it on, unless you know how to work on computers, know what you are doing.

I only system restore when I get virus's, or something really screwy goes on with my computer. - I suggest you keep it on, unless you know how to work on computers, know what you are doing.

the last restore point was july 4th -after it had update for windows..but i wont be turning it on anytime soon. already had low memory warning few months ago

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.