Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Isla de las Munecas - The Island of the Dolls

6 posts in this topic

The Legend

It is said that a girl was found drowned in mysterious circumstances many years ago on this island and that the dolls are possessed by her spirit.

Local legend says that the dolls move their heads and arms and even opened their eyes.

Some witnesses claim they had heard the dolls whispering to each other, while others who were on a boat near the island said the dolls lured them to come down to the island.

Of course these witnesses are exaggerating and the island is in no way possessed but the truth is that the Isla de las Munecas is a very creepy place that marks the casual visitor.

But how do all these creepy dolls get on the island?

http://www.isladelasmunecas.com/

Make sure you click on the photo gallery if you want to see lots of clear pictures. The legend is deliciously creepy and the stuff great horror stories are made of. I'd like to go there, during the day.

Yikes! Those dolls are more than creepy, they're grotesque.The article said the man who found the dead girl collected them for fifty years and now visitors bring more.

http://www.isladelasmunecas.com/images/Mexico%20Island%20of%20the%20Dolls.jpg

As much as I don't like dolls there is one doll marker I'm kind of obsessed with. I want one of these:   http://www.enchanteddoll.com/

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link added

One of the ghost hunter crews went to this place and they showed a doll moving its head. Real or fake? idk Can you imagine seeing that happen? I'd run on water to get out of there. :bananadancing:

That doll you like has a strange appeal to it. lol I don't like dolls either.

One of the ghost hunter crews went to this place and they showed a doll moving its head. Real or fake? idk Can you imagine seeing that happen? I'd run on water to get out of there. :bananadancing:

That doll you like has a strange appeal to it. lol I don't like dolls either.

I was given porcelain dolls as gifts when I was a kid. I swore they would change positions during the night.
First I moved them all to the play room but then they'd stare at me while I was in there so I put them in a box.
Some years back my mom brought over all the things she saved from my childhood and there was that box.
I put it directly in the dumpster without even opening it. lol (sorry grandma). 

Click on the gallery and then the pictures. They're all hand made and amazing but still kinda creepy.

I was given porcelain dolls as gifts when I was a kid. I swore they would change positions during the night.
First I moved them all to the play room but then they'd stare at me while I was in there so I put them in a box.
Some years back my mom brought over all the things she saved from my childhood and there was that box.
I put it directly in the dumpster without even opening it. lol (sorry grandma). 

Click on the gallery and then the pictures. They're all hand made and amazing but still kinda creepy.

Whoa! So creepy, your story and this island, Let me get my Flamethrower.  :IBPlzqK:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.