Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Judge, former classmate have emotional reunion in court

4 posts in this topic

MIAMI, July 3 (UPI) -- A Miami-Dade judge recognized her middle school classmate during a bond hearing Thursday, and the reunion prompted a tearful reaction.

Arthur Booth, 49, was captured Monday by police on burglary, grand theft, fleeing and resisting arrest charges, NBC Miami reports. When he appeared before Judge Mindy Glazer in court later that week, Glazer immediately recognized him as a classmate from Nautilus Middle School and asked if he had been a student there.

Booth immediately broke out in tears, saying "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness," repeatedly. He covered his head with his cuffed hands and freely sobbed while Glazer spoke words of encouragement to him.

"I'm sorry to see you there, I always wondered what happened to you sir," Glazer began. "This was the nicest kid in middle school, he was the best kid in middle school. I used to play football with him, all the kids, and look what has happened."

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/07/03/Judge-former-classmate-have-emotional-reunion-in-court/6591435942822/?spt=sec∨=on

I heard this on the radio yesterday.
It was sad to hear him crying that way but it shows she really got through to him.
I bet that will help him rehabilitate more than any prison sentence could. Good on her.

I heard this on the radio yesterday.
It was sad to hear him crying that way but it shows she really got through to him.
I bet that will help him rehabilitate more than any prison sentence could. Good on her.

i saw this on tv yesterday...very unusual circumstance. i was criminal court for a friend once, lots of drama in there..convicted people crying or pleading the judge not to send to jail..if ya cant do the time, dont do the crime!

i saw this on tv yesterday...very unusual circumstance. i was criminal court for a friend once, lots of drama in there..convicted people crying or pleading the judge not to send to jail..if ya cant do the time, dont do the crime!

Agreed. I had jury duty a few weeks ago and it was stressful.
Nobody likes going to court but it must be awful if you know you're guilty or wrong.
I think judge made a big impact on him. How could she not being childhood friend?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.