Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roadtoad2

WH will block redskins from returning to DC

13 posts in this topic

Good! Not one single Native Indian organization approves the use of that name.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/obama-administration-blocking-any-redskins-move-to-d-c--over-name--per-report-140341570.html

There is no such thing as a Native Indian National org. Many tribal names but not one called Indian. That is a term the government in DC concocted.

I can name a few Indigenous tribe nations and I have yet to find one called "Indian" Cherokee don't call themselves "Indians" nor do the Apache, Comanche, Pueblo, Hopi, Creek, Seminole..........ect. None of the Indigenous tribes on the North American Continent refer to themselves as "Indians" so quit using that bogus term ok.

By the way just for historical reference, many Indigenous tribes back when the 1st European ships landed here called the new European arrivals "Pale Faces" and in fact not all Indigenous tribes were referred to as "Redskins". Basically the one's settlers found out west  that spent a lot of time in the harsh sunlight of territory what is referred to now as Arizona, New Mexico, Texas....ect, were called redskins because of their dark reddish tanned skin.

By the way just for more historical references, Indigenous tribes fought against each other in huge wars and spilled a lot of blood over land, resources just like every other ethnicity in world history has done before. They also called each other's tribe a lot worse names than white men calling select tribes as "Redskins".

1 person likes this

Good! Not one single Native Indian organization approves the use of that name.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/obama-administration-blocking-any-redskins-move-to-d-c--over-name--per-report-140341570.html

I second this.

As usual, someone plays their own personal agenda to become a thread stealer

Native Indian is not 'bogus'.If you say, 'native american', you get in all kinds of trouble, because everyone born in america is a native american.

If you say, 'indigenous tribes' ,then, people start talking about the land of Mu, Atlantis, etc., and why ancient spade-like tools are found up and down the east coast of both Americas, in short, pre-history

So, I guess that means that you're a Cherokee Do you know that your tribe wouldn't have made it across during the trail of tears without your black slaves to carry every thing? Now that you've kicked all the Blacks out of your tribe, you've done the  whole world a terrible service.

Also, I've never seen a Native Indian that wouldn't let him/herself be called 'Indian', I'll bet that even includes you

Now, since you insist on being a thread stealer, you haven't given your position on the WH keeping the Redskins out of DC

You harp and harp on side issues for your own aggrandizement, but you ignore the actual issue.

As usual idiots that think Cherokee, Apache Comanche, Pueblo, Hopi, Creek, Seminole....ect. call or refer to themselves as "Indians" is insanely idiotic, dumb and of pure willful ignorance. There are real Indians in the USA though but not of this continent. You know don't you? The immigrates from the nation of India?

If you want to keep going with the fantasy that Cherokee, Apache Comanche, Pueblo, Hopi, Creek, Seminole....ect. call or refer to themselves as "Indians" then I suspect you think unicorns are a reality also.

And yes my heritage is of Apache, Cherokee and Irish and only thing that gives away the 1/3rd of my Irish heritage is my green eyes. aside from that you cannot see any other European ancestral traits in me. Not knocking my Irish heritage either. It's just a physical fact so you can get over it "toad"

By the way many high school and Collegiate university football and basketball teams are named after different tribes I am sure your emotionally driven thinking would be offended by.

Must be sad for you to go through life offended by so many words that physically or mentally harms no one what so ever. You seem like one of those typical leftists politico types that runs around demanding everybody be PC so you won't get offended.

Well waaaaay waaaaaay waaaaaaaay. go cry me a PC river why don't you.

It's also hilarious that fools like you keep calling tribes that were and still are indigenous to this continent the bogus term of "Indians". You should know that is a white man's label? Instead of being respectful of them and calling them by their tribal name they(white men) bestowed on them the label of "Indian" Not a label bestowed on indigenous tribes themselves. Like I wrote already is the fact there are no Indians on this continent other than "Indians" from India. By the way that is of itself a name bestowed on them by the British. Not they themselves.

By the way if you don't want your threads challenged then I suggest you don't post a thread.

Edited by Robert50
2 people like this

More self-aggrandizement. So, now your name is Robert50.

You still are not owning up to the fact that your tribe kicked all the Blacks out of your Tribe about 10 years ago.

Also, I'm not a leftist, I'm an Independent.

And, you should know that Sequoia fought with Andrew Jackson in the battle of New Orleans, and was OK with the trail of tears

And, the Stanford Indians changed their name to Stanford Cardinals about 50 years ago.

Other teams can follow

Its just those silly looking mascots, such as the Cleveland Indians mascot, that  I object to..

And, you seem to be talking about tribes that are indigenous to this continent, and the South american continent in this time era, you're not talking about pre history.

Its also obvious that you haven't been close to an Reservation in years.

You have no idea what the images of those terrible mascots do to our kids

You still are not owning up to the fact that your tribe kicked all the Blacks out of your Tribe about 10 years ago.

So what? 2,800 African Americans lost tribal benefits because they were not Natives.
They couldn't prove they had Native DNA. They're not entitled to hand outs just because they demand it.

Cherokee Nation Faces Scrutiny For Expelling Blacks

The Cherokee Nation's Supreme Court ruled in late August that the black Freedmen could be stripped of their citizenship because they can't prove they have Indian blood. The tribe first voted in favor of this effort in 2007. While turnout for Cherokee elections tends to be low, more than 75 percent of all voters were in favor of the move.
Cherokee leaders say it's not a matter of race, but a simple matter of narrowing the definition of Indian down to those people who can prove they have Indian blood.
"This is not a club; you can't just claim to be Cherokee and show up and be included," says Cara Cowan Watts, a vocal member of the Cherokees' tribal council.

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/19/140594124/u-s-government-opposes-cherokee-nations-decision

Yes, this article uses the term "Indian". Like Robert50, I don't like it. 
Most don't and that's why some now use NDN instead.

I couldn't care less about the football team name though.
There are more important things to worry about today. 

So, its not a matter of race and Cherokee leaders use the term 'Indians'

Do you two think you could ever get your bullshit lies together?

The only reason Cherokees took black slaves to begin with, was to prove they were as good as Whitemen..

And this thread is about the WH blocking the redskins from returning to DC.

Now, the only reason you and Robert 50 don't care about it is because you both want to be thread stealers.

If you've, 'got more important things to worry about', why don' t you start a thread about them? 

On 7/4/2015, 1:41:34, roadtoad2 said:

So, its not a matter of race and Cherokee leaders use the term 'Indians'

Do you two think you could ever get your bullshit lies together?

The only reason Cherokees took black slaves to begin with, was to prove they were as good as Whitemen..

And this thread is about the WH blocking the redskins from returning to DC.

Now, the only reason you and Robert 50 don't care about it is because you both want to be thread stealers.

If you've, 'got more important things to worry about', why don' t you start a thread about them? 

Is "thread stealers" the new PC term for exposing B.S.?

Tell me, did blacks start slavery in America because they wanted to prove they were as good as the white man?

http://conservative-headlines.com/2012/03/americas-first-slave-owner-was-a-black-man/

You're right, I don't care about the stupid made up football team name controversy so I'll leave you alone In your silly thread now.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.