Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolidSender

With This Device You Can Connect Anonymously To Wi-Fi 2.5 Miles Away

4 posts in this topic

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/with-this-device-you-can-connect-anonymously-to-wi-fi-25-miles-away

=================================================

Now, a researcher has created a device to give whistleblowers, dissidents, and perhaps criminals, an extra layer of anonymity. It’s called Proxyham and it’s essentially a hardware proxy that allows real paranoids to connect to a far-away public Wi-Fi network over a low frequency radio connection, making it more difficult for cops or spies to find the real source of the internet traffic.

========================================

Only 2.5 miles?  I've done 20 miles before, and can do 60 if I really tried.  Granted, the setup was designed to go long distance.  With a regular consumer AP I'd easily still do 10 miles tho'.

im not interested in that device. im not that paranoid.

That makes two of us.  I never use WiFi in my home.  I won't even go to buildings and public places that have WiFi on their premises. (I carry a WiFi meter around with me wherever I go in order to detect signals and measure the strength.)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.