Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

6 horrifyingly violent video games to keep your kids away from

1 post in this topic

Like books, movies, TV shows, and any other form of popular entertainment, video games run a wide gamut of child-appropriateness: from "safe as Mario" to "do not let your kid anywhere near that gore-fest!" Some of these might be OK for older teens or adults who enjoy playing bloody action titles (they're all rated Mature by the Entertainment Software Rating Board).

But we talked with Eugene Beresin, M.D., Professor of Psychology, Harvard Medical School, and Executive Director of the Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds at Massachusetts General Hospital. Mass General studied the correlation between violent video game play and behavior in 7th and 8th graders.

"Most parents don't know the content of the games their children are playing," he said. While the study showed that the majority of kids weren't adversely affected by violent gameplay, around five percent did show a correlation between aggressive behavior and the number of hours they played violent games. "If your kid has problems with aggression or depression, then limiting their gameplay is a good idea."

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/11/23/6-horrifyingly-violent-video-games-to-keep-your-kids-away-from/?intcmp=trending

i saw GTA5 is on that list...i lOve playing GTA5. sure it has drug, alcohol reference..even scenes of each character enticing a prostitute for a quickie in the car..but its entertainment. ill bet kids are playing this game somewhere..all it takes is an "older" friend to rent or buy it for his younger friend and no problem. i saw this happening at the game store few weeks ago.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.