Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

5-4: SURPEMES ORDER SAME-SEX MARRIAGE

18 posts in this topic

Straight off Drudge Report

DRAMATIC VICTORY FOR GAY RIGHTS

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

By MARK SHERMAN - Jun 26, 10:09 AM EDT
Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUPREME_COURT_GAY_MARRIAGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-26-10-02-52

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.

Gay and lesbian couples already can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court's 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage.

The outcome is the culmination of two decades of Supreme Court litigation over marriage, and gay rights generally.

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, just as he did in the court's previous three major gay rights cases dating back to 1996. It came on the anniversary of two of those earlier decisions.

"No union is more profound than marriage," Kennedy wrote, joined by the court's four more liberal justices.

The ruling will not take effect immediately because the court gives the losing side roughly three weeks to ask for reconsideration. But some state officials and county clerks might decide there is little risk in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

i posted few secs after you did.

sorry bout that

Edited by Storm64
duh

Good. Next item to be approved: polygamy. After that: bestiality, for people who fall in love with their dogs, cats, emus, shoes, etc. And why can't men marry their daughters if the feeling is mutual? Age of consent needs to be looked at too, now that toddlers are learning about sex.

I'm such a moral dinosaur that I don't like seeing  (and smelling) my nephews always sneaking off to smoke mj. Medical hemp is a different story. No THC. 

1 person likes this

Whew, this is going to be fun, lets see how  many States start fighting back.

​even though it has passed..you wiat, there will be fallout in the coming days..and may drag on for many months . btw, delete my thread mods, this one is more concise

So does this mean Barack Obama and Manchelle are going to "Come out of the closet". =D

The GOV pissing off Christians, Southern boys, Constitutionalist and others. I am wondering what/when is going to be the next straw that breaks the camels back.

Jer 46:10: And let that day be the day of the LORD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge himself of his enemies; and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiated and made drunk with their blood: for the LORD of hosts shall bring slaughter in the north country by the river Euphrates.

1 person likes this

I can't wait until they have to go through a gay DIVORCE!!!

Its been my experience that a lot of these people are emotionally unstable in the first place. They will be killing themselves in record numbers after an ugly divorce battle.

:L7gw3Vh:

1 person likes this

Straight off Drudge Report

DRAMATIC VICTORY FOR GAY RIGHTS

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

By MARK SHERMAN - Jun 26, 10:09 AM EDT
Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SUPREME_COURT_GAY_MARRIAGE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-06-26-10-02-52

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court declared Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry anywhere in the United States.

Gay and lesbian couples already can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court's 5-4 ruling means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage.

The outcome is the culmination of two decades of Supreme Court litigation over marriage, and gay rights generally.

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote the majority opinion, just as he did in the court's previous three major gay rights cases dating back to 1996. It came on the anniversary of two of those earlier decisions.

"No union is more profound than marriage," Kennedy wrote, joined by the court's four more liberal justices.

The ruling will not take effect immediately because the court gives the losing side roughly three weeks to ask for reconsideration. But some state officials and county clerks might decide there is little risk in issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Censorship of dissenting views as a means of pushing an agenda . the truth does not matter and seems true that perspective is lost to the spirit of the chase. ignorance may be be bliss until what has been lost in the fog of perceived righteous indignation bears fruit for those who would enslave us all . do not forget the lessons that were not hidden in plain sight , for those simple truths hold the answer to our salvation . I to think some people are forced to live with and fight their internal demons on a daily basis . Maybe they think they weren't cut out for a moral life ? Maybe they think they didn't have a choice to be here ? And then at some point their demons get the best of them . They can no longer fight them off . Their demons can no longer be kept internalized . And that is the point they decide they no longer want to participate in a moral life . Whether a genius or fool the ending result is only the evil they succumb too .

It all goes back to right vs left brain. Due to all the brainwashing in public schools, media and organized religion and rejection of spirituality and truth, most people are not capable of understanding anything that doesn’t come from a view point of authority (ie government) even when presented with evidence .

I hope the gays are happy ! The demise of humanity continues . As for me I will continue to like girls God guns and guts  Oh ya and pizza !! :happy:

So will churches, mosques and temples be forced to have gay marriages ceremonies now? 

​I was thinking of all the problems and or hurtles, depending how you view this, that the new ruling would have on different aspects of society and it made me wonder how the prisons will be forced to deal with gay marriage inside of their system. Already some states have conjugal visits for married heterosexuals and prisoners can get married while inside of prison. How will the prisons handle it when inmates get married inside of the system? Cells for married homosexuals? It would seem that with the sc ruling that it would obviously be considered inhuman punishment to separate them to different prisons... this is gonna be a mess on so many levels!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.