Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Prince of darkness! 'Devil' statue hidden for 1,000 years spotted in cathedral

9 posts in this topic

It is the devil they didn’t know.

For 1,000 years a tiny Satan has been hiding high up on Chester Cathedral.

Now high-tech has uncovered the little devil.

Drone camera operators filming the building for a history tour found the carving nestled high up in the nave, close to a window.

They have dubbed it The Chester Imp by historians.

A spokesman for the cathedral said they knew a sculpture was there, but footage taken by the flying drones gave them their first close-up of it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/prince-darkness-devil-statue-hidden-5949144

2 people like this

I'm getting too jaded, the first thing that came to mind was why are they using a drone inside a place like that?
Interesting statue and story to go with it.

On 6/26/2015, 6:24:04, Lucy Barnable said:

"Bizarrely, close-up footage of The Chester Imp taken by drone cameras was mysteriously corrupted when the team came to download it." :huh:

It looks more like a Gnome than a Devil to me. I think it's kinda cute like this guy.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/048/0/10454928/il_570xN.738219814_l1hm.jpg

Daemons can morph from their ghastly form to a cute form.  That's what must have happened!

The devil really? You kidding me? It is some interesting find but all I see is a weirdly done humanoid figure. This is what you call Relegious shock and awe campaign. Calling it the DEVIIIL THE DEVIIIL EVILL AAAAARGH. JEEZ, relax. But yeah that is some find, heh.

And if you build a church why do that out of fear(where is your so called FAITH in GOD?) cause you think you saw so called "Satan". Why build him (satan)inside your so called holy place of so called God. Religion/believers contradict itself/themselves too easily. tsk.

Edited by neo1eht

To add ...shouldn`t he have made a lil Jesus or lil Angels or even God. heh...again, RELIGION. heh.

On 6/26/2015, 6:24:04, Lucy Barnable said:

"Bizarrely, close-up footage of The Chester Imp taken by drone cameras was mysteriously corrupted when the team came to download it." :huh:

It looks more like a Gnome than a Devil to me. I think it's kinda cute like this guy.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/048/0/10454928/il_570xN.738219814_l1hm.jpg

To me all I see is a not uniform random humanoid figure. But I guess we all percieve differently. lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.