Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Today is earth day. Happy earth day!!

6 posts in this topic

Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year.

In 1969 at a UNESCO Conference in San Francisco, peace activist John McConnell proposed a day to honor the Earth and the concept of peace, to first be celebrated on March 21, 1970, the first day of spring in the northern hemisphere. This day of nature's equipoise was later sanctioned in a Proclamation written by McConnell and signed by Secretary General U Thant at the United Nations. A month later a separate Earth Day was founded by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson as an environmental teach-in first held on April 22, 1970. Nelson was later awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom Award in recognition of his work. While this April 22 Earth Day was focused on the United States, an organization launched by Denis Hayes, who was the original national coordinator in 1970, took it international in 1990 and organized events in 141 nations. Numerous communities celebrate Earth Week, an entire week of activities focused on environmental issues.

today we took part in cleaning up the beaches. we produced nearly 120.000 pounds of garbage. syringes, bottles, dirty diapers and dead bird carcasses just to name a few of the ugly items left by those who didnt give a crap about the enviroment.

source wikipedia

hi! ah too bad this isnt pinned yet. its officially earth day. as i said before, we did some cleaning of beaches. this morning, we cleaned out storm drains, sewers. fun stuff..walking down dark tunnel not knowing what you might find..boogy man or otther

One of my favorite Holidays! 

Now excuse me while I go watch the live feeds of the events and mock all the people for their pollution-generating manufactured goods and environmentally unfriendly ways of celebrating this day. :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.