Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

City's hidden underworld as amazing photos reveal secret shops, canals and a tube station below Manchester

4 posts in this topic

These amazing photos reveal an underground world that has rarely before come to light.

Sitting below the streets of Manchester, the network of underground tunnels play host to a tube station that never opened, a communications bunker, canals and even shops.

This night time world was revealed by author Keith Warrender, who has written two books on the subject, Underground Manchester and Below Manchester, and regularly gives talks on what is below the surface of Manchester.

Keith, who took the took the above pictures during his various trips below ground, said there is evidence of tunnels being used below the city for several hundred years.

He told the Manchester Evening News,: "It was something that interested me and I began to research the subject and started to do talks on it. People then shared their own things with me and it all came from there.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/citys-hidden-underworld-amazing-photos-5921731

i love articles like this delving into historic past.. hidden underground tunnels and ancient railways

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed

Its a well known fact that mole people exist and live deeper than this.  Look up "as above so below"

one would ponder on what kind of strange creatures dwell within the earth's crust.. -the core..you remember that movie with hillary swank and del roy lindo? caves made of pure crystal..and diamonds the size of a compact car..

darn - they keep that locked tight - no wonder no graffiti there.  Was going to alert some of my counterparts who are traveling the UK to that ...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.