Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Urban Death Project (composting people)

4 posts in this topic

The Urban Death Project is a compost-based renewal system. At the heart of the project is a three-story core, within which bodies and high-carbon materials are placed.

Over the span of a few months, with the help of aerobic decomposition and microbial activity, the bodies decompose fully, leaving a rich compost.

The Urban Death Project is not simply a system for turning our bodies into soil-building material. It is also a space for the contemplation of our place in the natural world, and a ritual to help us say goodbye to our loved ones by connecting us with the cycles of nature.

http://www.urbandeathproject.org/

I can't help but think of all the chemicals and medication that are inside the bodies of most humans.  I don't want to eat anything grown in something like that. It's like indirect cannibalism. ewww.

Ok I just found this on their site:

<snip>

Will compost created by the Urban Death Project system be used to grow food?

No. The compost that is made from the bodies of the deceased will be used to grow trees, flowers, and memorial gardens, not food crops.

<snip>

Edited by Cinnamon

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.