Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Fourth echelon

is this goodbye firefox? (statement)

10 posts in this topic

seems like my ongoing problem with script error with firefox has prompted me to get another browser. safari for windows. so far its alright. though it does have tab browsing, its not as good as the tabs in FF. iam always expecting a browser to be fast and efficient. but its a hit and miss. ive already discarded opera and chrome..and soon FF. i cant rely on IE anymore because of its "cant display the webpage " shite. people praise chrome alot. but frankly chrome eats up too much resources..expends  almost double or triple output of web cache than FF which uses less than 30mb. iam hoping SFW will work with me instead of against me.

rawr. an example, when i try to post on windows support board, i get not only a script error, but an HTML error. but amazingly on safari, its all good. and my emails to FF has not been addressed yet. i still have FF because still sorting out 450 saved bookmarks.

Oh, please, no more issues with servers. I have a hard enough time with these dadgum devices. If tech savants have problems, then I am doomed.

Wow, Storm, I thought my 2 dozen bookmarks were too many. 

@grav

my world evolves around browser and server glitches...iam used to it by now. get this, i have uninstalled the current version 38.5 and went with a previous version 37.2 and so far...no more script error popups!..they also have a newer  version 39 but wont update FF anytime soon.:lglpnKW::lglpnKW:

@grav

my world evolves around browser and server glitches...iam used to it by now. get this, i have uninstalled the current version 38.5 and went with a previous version 37.2 and so far...no more script error popups!..they also have a newer  version 39 but wont update FF anytime soon.:lglpnKW::lglpnKW:

script error popups?? sounds very familiar --but -- it's all Greek to me. Or geek.

I guess I could figure out how to stop auto updates. I still keep xp on my desktop, but I rarely go online with it. I had Chrome for a while and quit, forget why.

I am so far out in the woods that my only option is satellite,  which is a step up from dial-up.  It's  slow,  only 10 gb a month, and stupidly expensive.

@grav

​39 No No and again NO !  I installed it to a Vista that I have in my shop it crashed and burned big time . The computer went swimming plugged in; in a outboard test tank of water I have in the shop . That was cool to watch . Zap ! :chuckle:

i dont know how long, but i will stick with this  version. beyond 38.5 version and i'll encounter more glitches. updates usually ehances the browser..but most cases, it only makes it worse. i know so from experience.

dont we ALL hate internet explorer? IE9,10 and 11 are all junk.

i think my script problem is fixed / *see a new thread about the problem in OT. have to wait and see for another 48 hours

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.