Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Orange is the new black ??

3 posts in this topic

We've all heard of a few journalists plagiarizing the work of others, making up key sources, faking interviews, and fabricating research. We've also heard of people making up key education credentials and experience in their professional bios and resumes. Now, we have a person, Rachel Dolezal, who has been faking her race for political, financial, and professional gain. That's right, Rachel Dolezal, born as a blonde-haired freckle-faced girl, has been passing herself off as a black woman, thanks to strategic use of spray-tan and "ethnic" hair styles. Using her new identity as a black woman, she received scholarships, teaching positions, and even a leadership role in the NAACP. This one can't be missed.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq85/cassper_02/yelling_zps48148e80.jpg

1 person likes this

That woman is insane. 
The timing of her outing is suspect I think.
Transgender in the news and now transracial...
Stirring up more tension in the African American communities.
It's sad, she has children who are subjected to all this.

Oh geez, here's another one:

HuffPo Writer: I Will not Have Children So I Will not Spread my White Privilege

Ali Michael, a writer for the Huffington Post, sometimes wishes she wasn't white. And she decided in her 20s that she would not "have biological children because I didn't want to propagate my privilege biologically."

In an article titled, "I Sometimes Don't Want to Be White Either," Ms. Michael details her feelings on being white and the Rachel Dolezal story.
-----

"If I was going to pass on my privilege, I wanted to pass it on to someone who doesn't have racial privilege; so I planned to adopt. I disliked my Whiteness, but I disliked the Whiteness of other White people more," she writes.

"I felt like the way to really end racism was to feel guilty for it, and to make other White people feel guilty for it too," she continued. "And then, like Dolezal, I wanted to take on Africanness. Living in South Africa during my junior year abroad, I lived with a Black family, wore my hair in head wraps, shaved my head." I didn't want to be White, but if I had to be, I wanted to be White in a way that was different from other White people I knew.

http://www.thesocialmemo.org/2015/06/huffpo-writer-i-will-not-have-children.html

I Sometimes Don't Want to Be White Either​
Rachel Dolezal is a fascinating case study in White racial identity development.* She is stuck in the immersion/emersion stage, in which White people, having learned extensively about the realities of racism, and the ugly history of White supremacy in the U.S., "immerse" themselves in trying to figure out how to be White in our society, and "emerge" with a new relationship to Whiteness. Only in the case of Dolezal, her way of dealing with the pain of the reality of racism, was to deny her own Whiteness and to become Black.

She is an extreme example of a common phenomenon. The "immersion" stage is typified by White people taking more responsibility for racism and privilege and often experiencing high levels of anger and embarrassment for racism and privilege, which they sometimes direct towards other Whites. They sometimes try to immerse themselves in communities of color, as Dolezal did. She's not alone.

I definitely experienced this. There was a time in my 20s when everything I learned about the history of racism made me hate myself, my Whiteness, my ancestors... and my descendants. I remember deciding that I couldn't have biological children because I didn't want to propagate my privilege biologically.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-michael/i-sometimes-dont-want-to-be-white-either_b_7595852.html

:wacko:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.