Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

100 New Marine Species Discovered in Mysterious ‘Twilight Zone’

12 posts in this topic

More than 100 new species of marine animals have been discovered off the coast of the Philippines, in a previously unexplored portion of the Coral Triangle. Located on the southern end of the Verde Island Passage, these waters are considered to be the most biologically diverse in the world.

Researchers from the California Academy of Sciences visit the tropical reefs year after year to investigate the secrets of this underwater wonderland. In the latest seven-week venture, funded by the National Science Foundation and conducted this spring, their expedition took them from rocky shallows to depths reaching 150-500 feet deep, in a region known as the Twilight Zone.

<snip>

http://ww2.kqed.org/science/2015/06/16/100-new-marine-species-discovered-in-mysterious-twilight-zone/

Awesome pics of some of them inside the link. I love the ocean and all the strange creatures that live there. This place must still be pristine. I hope it can stay that way.

My wife showed these to me yesterday somewhere else. Beautiful.
And to think that someone would say they all happened by accident!
No design!

Can't be an accident!

Nice stuff. You already know just how I feel about sacred geometry!

1 person likes this

Very cool! :cool: There's so much ocean left to explore, no telling what else might be there.

http://ww2.kqed.org/science/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2015/06/Thorunna-genus-%C2%A9-California-Academy-of-Sciences.jpg

One of the 40 new varieties of sea slugs belonging to the Thorunnagenus, colorful nudibranchs with poisonous adaptations.

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link added

On 6/17/2015, 6:45:26, Lucy Barnable said:

Very cool! :cool: There's so much ocean left to explore, no telling what else might be there.

http://ww2.kqed.org/science/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2015/06/Thorunna-genus-%C2%A9-California-Academy-of-Sciences.jpg

One of the 40 new varieties of sea slugs belonging to the Thorunnagenus, colorful nudibranchs with poisonous adaptations.

There's even much more amazing and complex things within just one
human body than there is in the entire universe!

1 person likes this

​There's even much more amazing and complex things within just onehuman body than there is in the entire universe!

​I believe it's all connected.
All is one and one is all! :biggrin:

Edited by Lucy Barnable
1 person likes this

Something beautiful.

Edited by Cinnamon
1 person likes this

Come and see this! This is one of the most beautiful videos I've ever seen and I've seen lots!

Come and see this! This is one of the most beautiful videos I've ever seen and I've seen lots!

​That's a lovely video Cinnamon. Thanks. :heart:

1 person likes this

​That's the same video I've been posting for a few years now, and even on
this forum just the other day on another thread. The title is different called
"Nature by Numbers"

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.