Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

'No one helped her': NJ woman murdered by ex while awaiting gun permit

7 posts in this topic

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days. 

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/?intcmp=latestnews

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I will not comply! There is no way I would have sat there unarmed awaiting a permit in this situation.

Edited by Cinnamon

I agree she shouldn't have bothered to wait if she knew she was going to need it. That being said, if she knew she was in danger she should have been more proactive in other ways if she wanted to adhere to the law, such as leaving town for a bit or staying with friends/family.
 Not blaming the victim. Thinking someone might kill you kind of carries with it a feeling of disbelief.

Yes, Calm no one believes they are going to die until they're actually there.

What I find strange is FOX reporting what loosely resembles a pro-gun article...

Is, or will, the gun grab just be another political tool in the "divide" (hyphenated to exemplify there really is only one party) between republican and democrat?

Bah, I'm just spinning my wheels.

They've been pretty pro second amendment for awhile now. But who knows what their game really is?  They are the only ones reporting anything different than the other, how many is it, four or five news stations that all carry the same stories?  All we can do is try to separate the wheat from the chaff because none of them are doing their jobs. And they are the ONLY business that is protected by an amendment to the Constitution.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.