Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would a holocaust denier open forum be protected as Free Speech like the cartoon contest was.

7 posts in this topic

I am curious if a open discussion on the holocaust denial movement and cartoon drawing contest was held under the banner of Free Speech same as the cartoon contest recently would it be called hate speech and would it turn violent. Would armed bikers show up to protect it? Do these people really belive in free speech? Or do you believe that it was a stunt by some phony Americans like Pam Geller and her ilk to push America into another war for israel.  

no,  is my answer to the question in the title... if "denial" was to be replaced with "revisionist" - maybe - but probably not...

Free speech has been dead for decades.  There are laws throughout the Western world that ban one kind of speech or another.  No excuses - either you're pregnant or not or you have freedom of speech or not.  Popular speech doesn't need to be protected and unpopular speech is banned.

Astrochick

You are absolutely right,that is my fault and thankyou for pointing it out. Holocaust Re-examined.  Why is it that you dont believe it is an exercise  of Free Speech. I Dont like that it is used to provoke violence especially after it is already known to do that. Texas France and a few years ago by Salman Rhushdie and now trying it in Phoenix. Thankfully it didnt. But Knowing that a 10 people in France killed hebdo thing, some weeks later 2 muslims killed on their way to another cartoon contest to wreak havoc, and a couple weeks later this same cartoon thing with the same hoped for results. That is the defination of terrorism. Using violence to affect the outcome.   On the other side there are laws in some nations on the books against questioning investigating or deviating from the official story line. which is as blatant state sponsored censorship. I dont want that here. it isnt in line with the Republic and for which it stands. None of this crap that has been pushed on us is worth the smallest loss of Rights. Especially when it comes from a supposed ally.    

I am curious if a open discussion on the holocaust denial movement and cartoon drawing contest was held under the banner of Free Speech same as the cartoon contest recently would it be called hate speech and would it turn violent. Would armed bikers show up to protect it? Do these people really belive in free speech? Or do you believe that it was a stunt by some phony Americans like Pam Geller and her ilk to push America into another war for israel.  ​

The whole "Free Speech" thing is an interesting subject. The constitutionally protected right to the freedom of speech, only applies to the government's limits on on it's powers. 

Nowadays, people have invented this new "Right to Free Speech" falsely believing that everyone, everywhere, has to abide by it. They do not. (like internet forums, privately owned businesses, et cetera...)

The government does not have, within it's limited authority, the authority to shut down a meeting/website/organization/et cetera.. that wants to discuss "the holocaust" no matter what side they choose to take. 

Whether or not the public will choose to defend that right is a whole other story, as the public tends to be lead by the nose 99% of the time.

1 person likes this

Morally Equivlalent?  So teaching children that a minor event in WW2 that is based not on actual events or facts is ok with you. In other words teaching children lies and fraudulent events as factual and true  and any questioning investigating or researching it other than official guidelines is not. My question is why is one ok and the other hate speech. I see it as censorship and the other being used to incite violence because it has happened.  Basically its disgusting that it is being used by scumbags from another nation to get America to fight wars in their interests.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.