Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Exclusive — Obamatrade Support Falling Apart In House Despite Leadership Push

4 posts in this topic

Exclusive — Obamatrade Support Falling Apart In House Despite Leadership Push

by Matthew Boyle - 9 Jun 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/09/exclusive-obamatrade-support-falling-apart-in-house-despite-leadership-push-123-against-and-counting/

Read the rest of the article in the link above.

Republican members aren’t buying what President Barack Obama and House Speaker

Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) are selling when it comes to Obamatrade, and support for the president’s key trade agenda item is starting to fall apart rapidly amid grassroots pressure.

“I’m voting against Trade Promotion Authority,”

Rep. Paul Cook (R-CA) told Breitbart News on Tuesday.

I don’t trust President Obama to negotiate in good faith. In November, I signed a letter to President Obama highlighting Congress’ authority to set the terms of trade in Article I, Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution. Voting for Trade Promotion “Fast Track” authority would essentially give President Obama a blank check to negotiate trade deals without Congressional input. We’ve seen too many bad deals happen on his watch, and his abuse of executive orders has demonstrated his complete disregard for the law. I don’t want to see it happen one more time.

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) , through a spokesman, confirmed he’s leaning no on Obamatrade.

“As of now, Congressman Gosar is leaning no,” Gosar spokesman Steven Smith said in an email. “He has concerns about the consequences of granting the president fast-track authority which would force Congress to vote on his trade agreement without any opportunity to offer amendments.”

Both Gosar and Cook were previously publicly undecided.

Many more Republican members who are publicly undecided are actually planning to vote against the legislation should leadership take it up for a vote, sources in many of their offices tell Breitbart News.

<snip>

After

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

81%

–now a 2016 GOP presidential candidate, who’s ironically made Obamatrade a key plank of his presidential campaign in a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations even though he didn’t read the TPP text before voting to fast-track it–pushed the “Gang of Eight” amnesty bill through the U.S. Senate in early 2013, House Republicans were expected by everyone in Washington to take it up, swallow the poison pill and pass it.

<snip>

Oh wait!

snip from the page

It remains to be seen what happens next, but it’s clear now that Obamatrade proponents are in trouble. Other sources tell Breitbart News that phone calls from constituents into the Capitol are pouring in, and those calls have members very afraid of the backlash they’d face should they vote for Obamatrade. Leadership might save this thing, but the American people rising up against it with grassroots pressure is making a demonstrable difference. The fight’s nowhere near over yet, but grassroots outsiders are starting to tilt the scales.

I love this! - All it takes is We the People

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.