Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

VIDEO: The Difference Between a Black Man and a White Man Open Carrying An AR-15 Legally

10 posts in this topic

This is another interesting experiment . It could have gone badly .

In a fascinating (and dangerous!) experiment posted to YouTube on May 6, two men legally exercise their constitutional rights and open carry the exact same gun- an AR-15.  One of the men is white, while the other is black.  The difference in reactions from the police is absolutely astonishing.

Edited by CSB
1 person likes this

I have a problem with this video. I don't think its a fair comparison because the videos were taken in different places and obviously under very different circumstances.

Test one was with a white guy wearing a collared shirt in what appears to be a nice neighborhood. He addressed the officer the minute he got out of his squad car and stopped walking towards the police car. The video was only 50 seconds long so we don't know how the situation unfolded. For all I know, the white guy was arrested too.

Test two was a black guy wearing a black t-shirt, walking past a vacant lot, with trash on the ground, some sort of graffiti on the back of a building and a 7 up truck making a delivery. You could tell the area was possibly a high crime area and much different than the one used in the first test.  The guy kept walking towards the police car until the cop got out and told him to stop. We also got to watch a full 5 minutes of what occurred.

If this "test" was to be a true comparison, you would need to have both guys wearing the same clothing, in the same neighborhood and follow the same script. The video would have to run for the same exact amount of time too.

Since the test was not conducted properly, I feel that this video is just agenda driven, race baiting, killer cop crap that gets shoved down our throats on a daily basis by the MSM.

If they are going to do an open carry, black guy, white guy test then do it right if they want to prove a point.

I have a problem with this video. I don't think its a fair comparison because the videos were taken in different places and obviously under very different circumstances.

Test one was with a white guy wearing a collared shirt in what appears to be a nice neighborhood. He addressed the officer the minute he got out of his squad car and stopped walking towards the police car. The video was only 50 seconds long so we don't know how the situation unfolded. For all I know, the white guy was arrested too.

Test two was a black guy wearing a black t-shirt, walking past a vacant lot, with trash on the ground, some sort of graffiti on the back of a building and a 7 up truck making a delivery. You could tell the area was possibly a high crime area and much different than the one used in the first test.  The guy kept walking towards the police car until the cop got out and told him to stop. We also got to watch a full 5 minutes of what occurred.

If this "test" was to be a true comparison, you would need to have both guys wearing the same clothing, in the same neighborhood and follow the same script. The video would have to run for the same exact amount of time too.

Since the test was not conducted properly, I feel that this video is just agenda driven, race baiting, killer cop crap that gets shoved down our throats on a daily basis by the MSM.

If they are going to do an open carry, black guy, white guy test then do it right if they want to prove a point.

​Good eye CGK and good point . I admit that I was not looking for that and agree it was not a true comparison .

A few friends and I were talking about this scenario today and I went looking for a video . This is the one I found . Here in my home town of 24,000 I know the blacks have a lot more issues with the police than whites but then whites here don't hang out in gangs like the blacks and Hispanics do  . One of these days I will get my chance to talk to one of the cops here and get his point of view .

Thank you for the comment

CSB

Whilst there should not be a difference between who carries a gun and who is profiled and questioned and who not, this video is clearly made with an agenda in mind, else the locations would have been the same.  Effectively one need two people dressed identical, in the same area (street) at the same time of day and confronted by the same cops.  Anything that deviates from that will inevitably affect the outcome.

If, for example the white guy is stopped at 10h00 in the morning on a weekday with not much "traffic" but the black guy is stopped at 18h00 on a weekday with lots of "traffic" then it already skews the comparison as will any aspect that deviates from the first example.

With this I am not saying that there is a difference in how white cops approach a black guy and also how black cops approach a white guy, but the video clearly "leans" on the tendency a bit too strongly.

I also noticed the difference in setting. The cops were different men. The second one was in a patrol car, probably in a hood. We also don't know the history of the town, crime patterns and stats, etc. 

yeah I was thinking exactly the same when watching this. Different cops ..different setting...and very different appearance.  To prove the point would need to make as many of those factors the same.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.