Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lilly

Documentaries Thread

24 posts in this topic

In the same spirit as the music thread, post whatever documentaries float your boat.

1 person likes this

Every day, the world over, large amounts of high-level radioactive waste created by nuclear power plants is placed in interim storages, which are vulnerable to natural disasters, man-made disasters, and to societal changes. In Finland the world's first permanent repository is being hewn out of solid rock - a huge system of underground tunnels - that must last 100,000 years as this is how long the waste remains hazardous.

5 million views for an old codger giving a lecture about arithmetic?? What's going on? You'll just have to watch to see what's so damn amazing about what he (Albert Bartlett) has to say.

I introduce this video to my students as "Perhaps the most boring video you'll ever see, and definitely the most important." But then again, after watching it most said that if you followed along with what the presenter (a professor emeritus of Physics at Univ of Colorado-Boulder) is saying, it's quite easy to pay attention, because it is so damn compelling.

1 person likes this

Thanks! @Lilly

​Welcome :) I noticed it slid off the front page pretty quick and it's one of your fave's so it needed a more permanent spot! Thanks for the pin, hope the thread will be useful.

1 person likes this

​Welcome :) I noticed it slid off the front page pretty quick and it's one of your fave's so it needed a more permanent spot! Thanks for the pin, hope the thread will be useful.

​When i get around to finishing the videos section up some more i will add a documentary section :D

​When i get around to finishing the videos section up some more i will add a documentary section :D

​Where's the video section? Sorry for being blind!

​Where's the video section? Sorry for being blind!

​Oh its not added yet :D still finishing it up as its bugged.

​Oh its not added yet :D still finishing it up as its bugged.

​Cool, guess I'm not that blind after all :)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.