Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

WIN10 avaliable 7/29

2 posts in this topic

Windows 10 arrives on July 29

Home users of Windows 7 and 8.1 will get the Windows 10 upgrade for free, but there are a few conditions.

___

After revealing Windows 10 eight months ago, Microsoft has finally announced a release date for the free upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1: July 29, just eight weeks from now. This is a little earlier than expected, and there are a few strings attached. First, this date is for the upgrade only. Microsoft has not announced availability of the retail version of Windows 10 or of a standalone download. So, if you prefer to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows, or if you want to download the update once to install on multiple devices, or if you want to obtain it on release day and install it later, you will have to wait a little longer. Second, the version for cell phones, dubbed Windows 10 Mobile, is not a part of this scheme; its release date has not been announced.

http://download.cnet.com/blog/download-blog/windows-10-arrives-on-july-29?tag=rb_content;main

i would like to get it but i highly doubt my old pc has the memory to handle all that

I grabbed the 3 month beta (can re arm for 9 months) for a new pc back in March. It's much nicer than 8. I'll def upgrade the laptops when July rolls around.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.