Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Type 2 diabetes may be caused by bacteria

9 posts in this topic

IOWA CITY, Iowa, June 2 (UPI) -- Researchers at the University of Iowa have discovered that a primary cause for type 2 diabetes may be persistent exposure to a toxin produced by Staphylococcus aureus, or staph, bacteria.

The potential discovery is in line with recent studies finding microbe interaction with the microbiome, the ecosystem of bacteria that colonize human bodies and are essential to the way they operate, can cause illnesses beyond just infections, such as cervical cancer and stomach ulcers.

In the study, researchers exposed rabbits to the staph toxin for prolonged periods of time, over which they developed many of the symptoms of type 2 diabetes, including insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and systemic inflammation.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2015/06/02/Type-2-diabetes-may-be-caused-by-bacteria/6441433258857/?spt=rrs&or=1

my mom suffers from type 2. had it for over 30 years now.

IOWA CITY, Iowa, June 2 (UPI) -- Researchers at the University of Iowa have discovered that a primary cause for type 2 diabetes may be persistent exposure to a toxin produced by Staphylococcus aureus, or staph, bacteria.

The potential discovery is in line with recent studies finding microbe interaction with the microbiome, the ecosystem of bacteria that colonize human bodies and are essential to the way they operate, can cause illnesses beyond just infections, such as cervical cancer and stomach ulcers.

In the study, researchers exposed rabbits to the staph toxin for prolonged periods of time, over which they developed many of the symptoms of type 2 diabetes, including insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and systemic inflammation.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2015/06/02/Type-2-diabetes-may-be-caused-by-bacteria/6441433258857/?spt=rrs&or=1

my mom suffers from type 2. had it for over 30 years now.

Wow, this is seriously interesting, and could change the entire way of treating this!

​yes indeed. i must watch this closely. because insulin she gets is almost at 100 dollars..but thx to insurance, its reduced to 45 dollars..still 45.00 adds up to hefty sum every year.

This is really interesting. It could help explain why some races have a higher percent of people with diabetes.

SCIENTISTS CAN TELL YOUR ETHNICITY FROM THE GERMS IN YOUR MOUTH

THE TYPE OF ORAL BACTERIA A PERSON CARRIES IS DETERMINED MORE BY GENETICS THAN LIFESTYLE, ONE STUDY SUGGESTS.
http://www.popsci.com/article/science/scientists-can-tell-your-ethnicity-germs-your-mouth

On 6/2/2015, 9:20:43, Lucy Barnable said:

This is really interesting. It could help explain why some races have a higher percent of people with diabetes.

SCIENTISTS CAN TELL YOUR ETHNICITY FROM THE GERMS IN YOUR MOUTH

THE TYPE OF ORAL BACTERIA A PERSON CARRIES IS DETERMINED MORE BY GENETICS THAN LIFESTYLE, ONE STUDY SUGGESTS.
http://www.popsci.com/article/science/scientists-can-tell-your-ethnicity-germs-your-mouth

thx lucy:bananadancing:

​thx lucy:bananadancing:

​Sure, 
My grandmother had type 2 diabetes.
She wasn't overweight so I always thought it was odd.
Native Americans just have a high rate and this explains why.

my mom is in her mid 80's and still is plugging along..was thinking, as you get much older, the need for insulin may not be needed..but thats silly thought.

OK, but Type 2 can also be as a result of pancreatic shock.  Research has determined that many elderly people who have not previously had any sign of diabetes or insulin deficiency developed it as a result of pancreatic shock.  This can be as a result of trauma such as a car accident or a fall.  Some elderly people are diagnosed when they are in hospital as a result of a fall and now suffering a broken hip etc. while previous medical checkups never revealed it.  There are many patients who are quite obese aand have no symptoms for diabetes, whilst some scrawny fellow has a sugar count double the accepted norm.  

I am a diabetic, caused by a motorcycle accident when the handlebars "killed" the pancreas.  Funny thing is that after 10 years I still do not suffer any of the known side effects of diabetes caused by dietary or hereditary issues.  I am way past 50 and do not even use reading glasses while one of the known issues is loss of eyesight.

Type 2 can also be "controlled" effectively through correct diet, exercise and a religious schedule for medication.  Skipping or changing the times of medication will inevitably cause either a spike or a dip in the reading which necessitates countermeasures and through the balance out.

Like many other, diabetes type 2 is not an illness but a condition - in almost all cases! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.