Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Question for the outpost pros. Tec help

13 posts in this topic

I am running the FireFox 38.0.1 browser on a modified Vista OS  " My favorite " ! I know I know am I crazy ? Maybe a little . LOL .  My question is what photo sharing site works best here . At this time I have photo bucket and it has worked well for me on other sites but I am having a issue getting it to load on this site; the page loads; I copy and paste the URL but it wont transfer the URL photo link . I have the VPN shut down and I am running AVG anti virus . If it's me I am ok with that . Please give me a suggestion help me out .

Or share with me a photo site that works best here and I will try using it .

Thank You !

Just so you know I build my own computers and play with systems . I do networking as well and make some software .

On this desk I have 4 computers I use them for many different tasks . If needed I am willing to use any of the 4 here . Your suggestions welcome !

I have Asus with xp black edition with sp-3 and 4 , A modified Dell Vista, Dell laptop Windows7 and a Asus linux ubuntu 14.10 with a linux tails OS partition . I know I am a bad boy ! I enjoy playing with them . To me its more of a hobby .

I know that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I get by . I have been on the net for years I started with a dos os but in todays net world I wont run a win8 .To me its a win7 screwed up and I will throw a win10 into the swimming pool while its pluged in . I haven't own a TV in over 20 years " I shot the last one with a 12ga. shot gun " nor do I have any kind of game box .

But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn one night that had little bottles of booze in the frig and a Gideons bible in the dresser and I still don't know where that woman came from . :ZHDVo9A:

Ok I will :snapoutofit: and wait for a reply and :chillpill:

pirate_flag.gif

OK, so I drag an old laptop out of the storeroom.  MSI with Vista and FF (Old copy) and the Photobucket image is?

Currently I am testing and using a NUC with Windblows 8.1 which I find amazing. 

The marriage between software and computer hardware is always a precarious issue and in most cases two identical setups do not act the same.  Seems you have an issue with this "marriage" - Try photobucket with a different browser on the same machine and see what happens.

1 person likes this

pirate_flag.gif

OK, so I drag an old laptop out of the storeroom.  MSI with Vista and FF (Old copy) and the Photobucket image is?

Currently I am testing and using a NUC with Windblows 8.1 which I find amazing. 

The marriage between software and computer hardware is always a precarious issue and in most cases two identical setups do not act the same.  Seems you have an issue with this "marriage" - Try photobucket with a different browser on the same machine and see what happens.

​Thank you for the input and the test  I will give IE or chrome a try on this machine. I think you are right on the marriage thing because I don't have a issue with FF on win7 .

It would be interesting to know how the NUC works out its small but with a lot of power and ram I wounder if a guy could run win7 on it or maybe linux .

Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?

I like this question and my answer is no but I do know that this world has made me what I am today    Pissed off at the hole fricken game that they have played on me

LOL  Windblows 8.1    thats funny :b0vpxS8:

Bro, we have tested the NUC on just about every thng.  Works fine with Windblows 7 - Works exceptional with Linux.  On Windows from the minute I touch the "on" button until I have all systems / processes / profile loaded and is good to go is 15 seconds!  Running a SSHD primary and a 2TB Seagate as the secondary drive.  I am quite impressed, but there are always the negatives as well (not that they cannot be overcome)  You need a 10 port USB3 hub, it does not have sufficient amount of ports and an external CD drive, some shit still comes on CD only.  It comes with built-in WiFi and BlueTeeth (sic) so that is cool.  It genuinely does what Intel says it can.

You guys got all techno-geek on me, and I'm certainly not one, but the simple
answers I have. lol.

It really doesn't matter which photo sharing site you use here. The easiest way
to post a photo or image is to just copy and paste it. There's no need for html,
or even pasting URL's.

Same thing with text. What you see, copy and paste is exactly what you'll get
when completed. color, size, bold etc, and that also includes links if they're
embedded in the text.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Most of the time the issue with photobucket images is just the link you use when sharing. Make sure its the right one :D Direct

You guys got all techno-geek on me, and I'm certainly not one, but the simple
answers I have. lol.

It really doesn't matter which photo sharing site you use here. The easiest way
to post a photo or image is to just copy and paste it. There's no need for html,
or even pasting URL's.

Same thing with text. What you see, copy and paste is exactly what you'll get
when completed. color, size, bold etc, and that also includes links if they're
embedded in the text.

​As I read your reply my head started spinning for a moment I was in a daze . :rJwJ7w9:  I would have never given this a thought . I will give this a go . Kodos to ya

:omgsign: so simple !  Even Obama could do it

Most of the time the issue with photobucket images is just the link you use when sharing. Make sure its the right one :D Direct

​Thank you for the reply

This has been crazy and I will win this battle !  I understand your comment and I did try them all . I am sure this issue is at my end ! The page loads up and I can even copy and past the link; it just wont load . the little spinning thing never stops . Cryptic Mole had a good suggestion that I will try and to I will continue the hunt for the answer and will post my findings here .

:37Vju9V:   Fricken computers

​Thank you for the reply

This has been crazy and I will win this battle !  I understand your comment and I did try them all . I am sure this issue is at my end ! The page loads up and I can even copy and past the link; it just wont load . the little spinning thing never stops . Cryptic Mole had a good suggestion that I will try and to I will continue the hunt for the answer and will post my findings here .

:37Vju9V:   Fricken computers

​Im assuming your pasting link directly. Can you go into the editor and in the bottom right above submit reply should be a insert other media button. Try inserting image from that.

Bro, we have tested the NUC on just about every thng.  Works fine with Windblows 7 - Works exceptional with Linux.  On Windows from the minute I touch the "on" button until I have all systems / processes / profile loaded and is good to go is 15 seconds!  Running a SSHD primary and a 2TB Seagate as the secondary drive.  I am quite impressed, but there are always the negatives as well (not that they cannot be overcome)  You need a 10 port USB3 hub, it does not have sufficient amount of ports and an external CD drive, some shit still comes on CD only.  It comes with built-in WiFi and BlueTeeth (sic) so that is cool.  It genuinely does what Intel says it can.

​Wow these things are hot !  I want one . I just read some reviews it was all good . NewEgg has one Intel NUC BOXD54250WYKH 2 Intel HD Graphics 5000 for $376.00 I am thinking of ordering one .

I love to play with shit !

Thank you for the idea and your response to my issue .

​Im assuming your pasting link directly. Can you go into the editor and in the bottom right above submit reply should be a insert other media button. Try inserting image from that.

​I tried that first . I have some ideas that I will try . I will post my findings here  Thank you

photo COP banner_zpsuev6zpfk.png

Ok This is from Cryptic' suggestion .  I just tried this here and now ..  :bananawohoo:

P.S.  This is from my PhotoBucket

Edited by CSB
adding comment
1 person likes this

You can take images from google image pages the same way with copy and paste.
You just need to click on the image, and click view image. When the image comes
up on a separate page, just right click on image, and paste it where you want it.

OR

You can copy the URL/address and past it into the standard forum image poster and
do it that way. Only bad part about doing it this way, if the URL goes down, the image
is lost. the other way above, the image will/should always remain.

I use either and or, so I have no standards as to how I do it. I guess I've just learned
to break those bounds of conformity, and always staying within the lines thingy thing!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.