Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Really sad

16 posts in this topic

I'm 28 years old..  I was born on 8/11/1986.

I lost every last single smidgeon of anything out there that created not just me the human, but me the person too.

I lost my mom to muscular dystrophy, I lost one of my sisters to mental disease, I lost ALL (yes all) of the media that has influenced me...  The Animaniacs, the Looney Tunes, the Tiny Toons, Steve Irwin, and many of the Disney movie films the really good ones..

I lost the material things that made me, too.

More than 75 % of America's Automobile Industry including the car MODELS that I've known, countless really great retailers.

I lost the Northeast USA...  That place isn't anywhere near as good as the Northeast USA that I grew up in..  regardless of the countless problems that I personally experienced there, there were other (plenty) of good things that DID make up for it... that no longer exist, or simply isn't worth it today.

I lost all my music that I liked...and a lot of the artists.

Somebody asks me how much I've lost so far......  I'll be more than glad to them...  The WAD !  then ask him how much he's lost.

It really is depressing though.

I ALMOST lost my dad too.

In fact, I came within just DAYS from it.

Nothing at all like my personality can be anywhere close to produced today through development... because nothing that I grew up with exists.

I mean really...

lol

I'm 28 years old..  I was born on 8/11/1986.

I lost every last single smidgeon of anything out there that created not just me the human, but me the person too.

I lost my mom to muscular dystrophy, I lost one of my sisters to mental disease, I lost ALL (yes all) of the media that has influenced me...  The Animaniacs, the Looney Tunes, the Tiny Toons, Steve Irwin, and many of the Disney movie films the really good ones..

I lost the material things that made me, too.

More than 75 % of America's Automobile Industry including the car MODELS that I've known, countless really great retailers.

I lost the Northeast USA...  That place isn't anywhere near as good as the Northeast USA that I grew up in..  regardless of the countless problems that I personally experienced there, there were other (plenty) of good things that DID make up for it... that no longer exist, or simply isn't worth it today.

I lost all my music that I liked...and a lot of the artists.

Somebody asks me how much I've lost so far......  I'll be more than glad to them...  The WAD !  then ask him how much he's lost.

It really is depressing though.

There's your problem. Material things do not a person make!

Your ideology does not reality make.

​It has zero to do with ideology, and everything to do with facts!
It's a fact that material goods do not really make who you are.
It's creates a perception and falsehood of who you are not!

Material goods decide how I function in the world, and how easily I can do that.

Since you hate material goods, get rid of your computer.

Sad that you allow material goods to dictate your life. I never allow that as I
am the creator of my own domain!

Well what makes you believe I hate material goods? I never said that. I just
never let them define who or what I am. I'm in charge of those things, and its
never the other way around Ever!

I also have a tendency to believe that you're just having fun with this thread!

Andrew, while I sympathize with your loss of family members, I think you don't  realize how lucky you were to have had your happy childhood. I grew up in the golden era, the 50s and 60s. I explored woods, walked or rode bikes in cities where we lived, had the best music and great tv shows (Twilight Zone, Star Trek, etc. ), and organic food.

It's gone. I regret young generations not knowing how fine it was to be a young American back in the day. Then think about how awful people your age in the third world have it. By comparison, you are a fortunate son who has never felt the sting of hunger, extreme poverty, or bloody warfare.

I grew up in the 1990s...  but anyway, thanks.

:)

​Best years if you ask me. 1990's are to me the last great decade. It all went to *&^" after that. Movies/Music/Nations/Right/Living/Morals. It was the major turning point in human history. Maybe thats when the fluoride took hold.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.