Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

House bill would require gun owners to have liability insurance

19 posts in this topic

House Democrat Rep. Carolyn Maloney (N.Y.) has introduced a bill that would require gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, unveiled Friday, would require gun buyers to have liability insurance coverage before being allowed to purchase a weapon, and would impose a fine of $10,000 if an owner is found not to have it. Service members and law enforcement officers, however, would be exempt from the requirement.

“We require insurance to own a car, but no such requirement exists for guns," Maloney said in a statement. "The results are clear: car fatalities have declined by 25 percent in the last decade, but gun fatalities continue to rise.”

Maloney said auto insurance carriers incentivize drivers to take precautions to reduce accidents, but no such incentives exist for firearm owners.

<snip>

http://thehill.com/regulation/243425-house-bill-would-require-gun-owners-to-carry-insurance

It would be interesting to see if she has ties to the insurance industry. This has the same stench of forced insurance that Obamacare has.

House Democrat Rep. Carolyn Maloney (N.Y.) has introduced a bill that would require gun owners to carry liability insurance.

The Firearm Risk Protection Act, unveiled Friday, would require gun buyers to have liability insurance coverage before being allowed to purchase a weapon, and would impose a fine of $10,000 if an owner is found not to have it. Service members and law enforcement officers, however, would be exempt from the requirement.

“We require insurance to own a car, but no such requirement exists for guns," Maloney said in a statement. "The results are clear: car fatalities have declined by 25 percent in the last decade, but gun fatalities continue to rise.”

Maloney said auto insurance carriers incentivize drivers to take precautions to reduce accidents, but no such incentives exist for firearm owners.

<snip>

http://thehill.com/regulation/243425-house-bill-would-require-gun-owners-to-carry-insurance

It would be interesting to see if she has ties to the insurance industry. This has the same stench of forced insurance that Obamacare has.

Service members and law enforcement officers, however, would be exempt from the requirement.

This is just another stab at gun control . I now wonder if this would require a policy for each one like cars and such . If so I am in deep shit being that I am just a poor country boy 

I am sure it probably would require a policy for each one, after all, each one has a different capability. This is one purchase where I seriously doubt we'd get a bulk discount and would be an ongoing expense. Any way to get guns out of the hands of the public, they'll find it.

This is Corporatism, make a law, make a business!

Another Democrat being "clear" about something by confusing issues. lol

Car fatalities have gone down because safety and restraint systems in cars has improved, but the number of vehicular accidents has actually gone up with the population.

I guess I can understand it from her perspective though. Her voter base is a poorly educated group of people who prefer to feel rather than think and tend to react in violent ways.

You are not going to need insurance because no one will be able to own a gun shortly if O gets his way.

Spank your kids -No gun for you

Have a fight with your wife -No gun for you

Take any sort of anti depressant - No gun for you

Go to a shrink -No gun for you

Administration preps new gun regulations

The Justice Department plans to move forward this year with more than a dozen new gun-related regulations, according to list of rules the agency has proposed to enact before the end of the Obama administration.

The regulations range from new restrictions on high-powered pistols to gun storage requirements. Chief among them is a renewed effort to keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentally unstable or have been convicted of domestic abuse.

<snip>

“The Obama administration is trying very hard to disqualify people from owning a gun on the basis that they are seeing a psychologist,” Hammond argued.

<snip>

The Justice Department’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is looking to revive a rule proposed way back in 1998 that would block domestic abusers from owning guns.

As proposed, the regulation makes it illegal for some who has been convicted of a misdemeanor domestic violence offense to own a gun.

The ATF plans to finalize the rule by November, according to the Unified Agenda.
But gun rights advocates are concerned the Obama administration will use this rule to unfairly target certain gun owners.

“That could be a person who spanked his kid, or yelled at his wife, or slapped her husband,” warned Michael Hammond, legislative counsel for the Gun Owners of America.

http://thehill.com/regulation/243520-administration-preps-new-gun-regulations

I need an emoticon of a person screaming and running back and forth with their hair on fire.

Shep?

I need an emoticon of a person screaming and running back and forth with their hair on fire.

Shep?

​Yes we do need one...And right now!!!!

I forgot to add vets with PTSD to the list..No gun for you!

Is that like the old Seinfeld episode "The Soup Nazi," and where
he say's "No soup for you?"

Is that like the old Seinfeld episode "The Soup Nazi," and wherehe say's "No soup for you?"

I just wonder how they are going to enforce this, what about dealers or museum. That and make the cost so high only the rich can afford it.

I just wonder how they are going to enforce this, what about dealers or museum. That and make the cost so high only the rich can afford it.

​They'd probably use gun registration data bases for one and then you have people with unregistered guns that will go looking for insurance if it's enacted. And then you have the snitch factor of doctors asking in the name of Obamacare if you have guns or not and the other snitch factor of neighbors and public schools "doing the right thing" by seeing something (or prying the information out of your children) and saying something. The possibilities are endless! :/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.