Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Japanese fishermen vow to never stop hunting dolphins

3 posts in this topic

TAIJI, Japan, May 29 (UPI) -- Japan's dolphin hunters vowed they would never stop capturing cetaceans in the town of Taiji.

Two spokesmen of separate cooperatives in the Japanese town said they defend the drive hunt of dolphins because the practice doesn't break any rules, reported RT.

"We will never stop it," Yoshifumi Kai said. "We used to harpoon dolphins, but that's several decades ago. Now we sever the spinal cord in a moment and there is not much blood."

NHK reported the second spokesman, Shuichi Matsumoto, said the fishermen protect natural resources and that they release pregnant dolphins.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2015/05/29/Japanese-fishermen-vow-to-never-stop-hunting-dolphins/1261432922386/?spt=rrs&or=12

As an avid fisherman and hunter I've no problem cleaning and eating various animals.  But I draw a line based on intelligence.  Dolphins, monkeys, porpoises, and whales (among others) are not on the menu unless my family is literally starving.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.