Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigRed

“I Was Treated Like an Animal”: Pregnant Woman Wrestled to Ground in Unlawful Arrest

3 posts in this topic

What do you think of this police behavior? Is this fair?

Newly released police body cam video footage shows cops in California wrestle a pregnant woman to the ground and arrest her after she refuses to show them identification.

The incident occurred on January 26, and the footage, recorded by Barstow Police, was released by the ACLU last week. It reveals the unlawful arrest of Charlena Michelle Cooks, who at the time was eight months pregnant and dropping off her second-grade daughter at school.

Here is the video http://right.is/gold-and-precious-metals/2015/05/i-was-treated-like-an-animal-pregnant-woman-wrestled-to-ground-in-unlawful-arrest-19787.html

This one is tough. There was a complaint. The police investigated and gave her multiple chances to show her ID.

It never would occur to me to not give my driver's license to a cop. I don't know how police should handle pregnant women. Did she think she could just walk off and that be the end of it?

According to ACLU video, 'a person who is not suspected of a crime has no obligation to identify herself' I think she was trying to enforce her rights. Big mistake.

The ACLU of Southern California posted the video on YouTube yesterday. Here’s an excerpt from their video description:

A person who is not suspected of a crime has no obligation to identify herself. Even if an officer is conducting an investigation, in California (unlike some other states), he can’t just require a person to provide ID for no reason. The officer can ask for ID, but the person can say no. Cooks said no, and she was wrongfully charged with resisting a peace officer. With exceptions (if you’re driving and pulled over or have been arrested or booked, you need to show your ID), California law does not require you to provide identification to police. What happened here was wrong.

- See more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/i-was-treated-like-an-animal-pregnant-woman-wrestled-to-ground-in-unlawful-
Edited by BigRed
repeat information

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.