Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Cuba removed from US terror list

5 posts in this topic

Does this mean we can buy Cuba Cigars now???  I'm calling my travel agent right now.

The Obama administration on Friday formally removed Cuba from a U.S. terrorism blacklist, a decision hailed in Cuba as the healing of a decades-old wound and an important step toward normalizing relations between the Cold War foes.

Secretary of State John Kerry signed off on rescinding Cuba's "state sponsor of terrorism" designation exactly 45 days after the Obama administration informed Congress of its intent to do so on April 14. Lawmakers had that amount of time to weigh in and try to block the move, but did not do so.

"The 45-day congressional pre-notification period has expired, and the secretary of state has made the final decision to rescind Cuba's designation as a state sponsor of terrorism, effective today, May 29, 2015," the State Department said in a statement.

"While the United States has significant concerns and disagreements with a wide range of Cuba's policies and actions, these fall outside the criteria relevant to the rescission of a state sponsor of terrorism designation," the statement said.

The step comes as officials from the two countries continue to hash out details of restoring full diplomatic relations, including opening embassies in Washington and Havana and returning ambassadors to the two countries for the first time since the U.S. severed diplomatic relations with the island in January 1961. The removal of Cuba from the terrorism list had been a key Cuban demand.

http://www.stripes.com/news/americas/cuba-removed-from-us-terror-list-1.349373

1 person likes this

well good for cigar smokers eh? speaking of cigars, i tried a victor sinclair shot. its infused with real liquor. aged tequila, spiced rum and vanilla vodka.

I wonder if we can petition to have Washington D.C. added to the terrorism blacklist? 
(no other group on the planet has ever created more terrorist organizations)

3 people like this

I wonder if we can petition to have Washington D.C. added to the terrorism blacklist? 
(no other group on the planet has ever created more terrorist organizations)

​lol good one

CGK, maybe you should consider merging yours and cinnamons thread together!

Borderline: ACLU map shows that the entirety of Florida is a rights-free immigration zone:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.