Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

72,000 ladybugs released into Maryland school for senior prank

5 posts in this topic

MORGANZA, Md., May 26 (UPI) -- Authorities in Maryland said a group of high school students were arrested for a senior prank that released 72,000 ladybugs into their school.

The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office said five suspects wearing masks and hooded sweatshirts broke into Chopticon High School in Morganza about 3:40 a.m. May 20 while two other suspects waited in their getaway car.

The suspects released about 72,000 ladybugs they had ordered from the Internet, the sheriff's office said.

Four of the suspects, juvenile males, were charged with fourth degree burglary, property destruction under $1,000 and disruption of school activities. They were released into the custody of their parents.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2015/05/26/72000-ladybugs-released-into-Maryland-school-for-senior-prank/1351432661591/?spt=sec&or=on

:scream:

Lady bugs are vile creatures!

​No!!!!!!!!!! Not vile, Lucy. Not our native lady beetles. The Asian ones have almost completely wiped them out.

I see almost no insects lately. I live on acreage in the middle of nowhere. My property is officially recognized as organic. I encourage natural bio-diversity, don't use chems, yet . . .

It's spooky. Have seen not one bumblebee all spring. Even normal numbers of carpenter bees, yellow jackets, other flying insects. Including butterflies!

No pollinators = no pollination. My pear trees have little fruit on them. Likewise mayhaw and other plants. I have beaucoup native wildflowers, with very few visitors on them. Blueberries are ok, they may benefit some from wind pollination or early pollinators.

Without insects, our planet can not go on. Mother Earth doesn't need us. She needs bugs. She'd also appreciate it if humans would quit importing non-native insects (that includes European honeybees, sorry). The lack of bugs is the biggest indication that real doom is here. I am not joking or exaggerating.

:damned: is how I feel.

oops, can't sign in. Stupid machines.

But you know who I am, don't you, Lucy?

​No!!!!!!!!!! Not vile, Lucy. Not our native lady beetles. The Asian ones have almost completely wiped them out.

I see almost no insects lately. I live on acreage in the middle of nowhere. My property is officially recognized as organic. I encourage natural bio-diversity, don't use chems, yet . . .

It's spooky. Have seen not one bumblebee all spring. Even normal numbers of carpenter bees, yellow jackets, other flying insects. Including butterflies!

No pollinators = no pollination. My pear trees have little fruit on them. Likewise mayhaw and other plants. I have beaucoup native wildflowers, with very few visitors on them. Blueberries are ok, they may benefit some from wind pollination or early pollinators.

Without insects, our planet can not go on. Mother Earth doesn't need us. She needs bugs. She'd also appreciate it if humans would quit importing non-native insects (that includes European honeybees, sorry). The lack of bugs is the biggest indication that real doom is here. I am not joking or exaggerating.

:damned: is how I feel.

oops, can't sign in. Stupid machines.

But you know who I am, don't you, Lucy?

​Hi Grav,
You're right, I looked up the difference between the two.
It's the evil asian beetle I despise. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a real lady bug.
I probably never will because I'm so freaked out about those other nasty spotted winged bastards.

I do have quite a few bumblebees pollinating my berries. Yellow jackets and wasps too but very few honey bees.

Well, I live outside of Austin and have all the bugs you could possibly want! Send address and I'll get a package straight to you!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.