Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

VA spent $20M on art as ailing veterans languished, report finds

5 posts in this topic

The Veterans Affairs administration spent $20 million on expensive artwork and sculptures amidst the healthcare scandal, where thousands of veterans died waiting to see doctors.

The taxpayer watchdog group Open the Books teamed up with COX Media Washington, D.C., for an oversight report on spending at the VA, finding numerous frivolous expenditures on artwork, including six-figure dollar sculptures at facilities for the blind.

“In the now-infamous VA scandal of 2012-2015, the nation was appalled to learn that 1,000 veterans died while waiting to see a doctor,” wrote Adam Andrzejewski, the founder and CEO of Open the Books, in an editorial forForbes. “Tragically, many calls to the suicide assistance hotline were answered by voicemail. The health claim appeals process was known as ‘the hamster wheel’ and the appointment books were cooked in seven of every ten clinics.”

“Yet, in the midst of these horrific failings the VA managed to spend $20 million on high-end art over the last ten years—with $16 million spent during the Obama years,” Andrzejewski said.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/27/va-spent-20m-on-art-as-ailing-veterans-languished-report-finds.html

FIRE THEM ALL!  27' Christmas tree for tens of thousands of dollars... among other idiocracy at link.  This is pure waste and abuse of tax dollars.  

Despicable bastards should be stripped of all their belongings and put out on the streets in winter.  How the hell do you justify this type of sh!t while the very people who were thrown to the "wolves" after they defended the country are destitute? 

The VA SUCKS!!!! Absolute ass. All they care about is a paycheck not the vets. 

The VA here has a new psychiatry wing they just built. Big hoopla, all smiles, look at us type BS.

Was listening to the local police scanner (cause the radio in my teuck broke) a local was feeling suicidal and wanted some help.  The individual LIVES on the VA property, low income housing for disabled vets, and the VA--yes the VA, called the local police department to deal with the situation. WHAT THE f***!!!!

The VA here has a police force on its campus-with fancy new trucks,guns, and uniforms. And they brag about using vets as employees, with this brand new shrink wing, with great doctors to help Vets that have mental issues. But they had to call the LOCAL police force to deal with the problem.....such bull shit. If i wasnt 40 miles away at the time i would have gone there myself and talked with the guy, vet to vet.

The VA brass need to be all fired, stripped of their pensions/benefits/retirements and forced to work a minimum wage job for the rest of their lives...

Rant over.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

The VA SUCKS!!!! Absolute ass. All they care about is a paycheck not the vets. 

The VA here has a new psychiatry wing they just built. Big hoopla, all smiles, look at us type BS.

Was listening to the local police scanner (cause the radio in my teuck broke) a local was feeling suicidal and wanted some help.  The individual LIVES on the VA property, low income housing for disabled vets, and the VA--yes the VA, called the local police department to deal with the situation. WHAT THE f***!!!!

The VA here has a police force on its campus-with fancy new trucks,guns, and uniforms. And they brag about using vets as employees, with this brand new shrink wing, with great doctors to help Vets that have mental issues. But they had to call the LOCAL police force to deal with the problem.....such bull shit. If i wasnt 40 miles away at the time i would have gone there myself and talked with the guy, vet to vet.

The VA brass need to be all fired, stripped of their pensions/benefits/retirements and forced to work a minimum wage job for the rest of their lives...

Rant over.

They want the psych ward so they can take more gun rights from vets! 

1 person likes this

Just now, Cinnamon said:

They want the psych ward so they can take more gun rights from vets! 

Amen sister!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.