Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

‘Designer babies’

6 posts in this topic

‘Designer babies’  will be a REALITY in this decade: Scientists announce plan to construct human cells from scratch

By: Greg White Date: July 25, 2016

An assembly of 25 scientists Thursday initiated a proposal to create the first synthetic human genome in the lab.

The synthetic genome plan was a product of two behind-the-scenes meetings. One was based in New York last year and the other happened May 10 at Harvard University, noted the Washington Post. The recent announcement was published in the journal Science Thursday.

The goal of the project is the create the first synthetic genome and test it in the cells in the lab over the next ten years. The researchers said they are not attempting to cook up a human being in the lab. They claim this technology will help grow transplantable organs, engineer immunity to viruses, program cancer resistance, and develop drugs using human cells and organs.

Link to the write : http://www.newstarget.com/2016-07-25-designer-babies-will-be-a-reality-in-this-decade-scientists-announce-plan-to-construct-human-cells-from-scratch.html

This thread kinda reminds me of this old song  Zager and Evans - In The Year 2525

It is said that there are two great days in one's life

One is being born the other is understanding way . Will we ever know the Way ? Maybe someday

Um-kay?

If a stork brings a white baby...

and a crow brings a black baby...

what bird would bring no baby whatsoever?

oh yeah,

a swallow.

LOL 😁.

This is what our psychically-driven society has led to. Sure, you can get that blonde, disease-proof child, but at what expense? 

Soul-less, mindless eye candy. The Kartrashians will love the new followers.

6 hours ago, CSB said:

Scientists announce plan to construct human cells from scratch

I have no clue what can go wrong, but my gut feeling tells me something will go wrong - maybe in a completely unexpected way.

Reminds me of Hitlers plans for a "Master Race"

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.