Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

BRAVE - New Browser Blocks Ads

27 posts in this topic

I found this today and thought I would post it . I am always interested in new things . I will look forward to opinions .

https://brave.com/

Heard about it here-

http://weaponsman.com/?cat=1 and scroll down .. You may find this site interesting

We’re Changing Browsers

We have a new favorite browser, as of yesterday: Brave. It’s developed by a team led by Brendan Eich (the former CEO who was unpersoned at Mozilla for donating to the “wrong” cause). In the end, it looks like Eich was actually liberated by the firing — not least, from Mozilla’s antediluvian codebase.

Best things about Brave?
1.It’s wicked fast.
2.It adblocks by default.
3.Really, seriously, fast.
4.It contains antitracking technology (a Stanford study found that half the time users opt out of invasive advertising cookies, the identity thieving ad leeches keep running them anyway.
5.Privacy is engineered in, not ineptly grafted on (we’re looking at you, Firefox) or not even an option (Edge, Safari).
6.Its speed is like suddenly getting a faster internet.
7.It works with everything we’ve thrown at it, with one exception (there doesn’t seem to be any way to use the Press This add-on for WordPress, which dings our workflow a little).
8.One of the devs’ on-site picture shows him flying an experimental plane! Another brother!
9.Opera was just bought by the Chinese MSS unidentified Chinese investors (wink).
10.Did we mention the speed? We really meant to say something about the speed.

Even the lion icon is cool.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, CSB said:

I found this today and thought I would post it . I am always interested in new things . I will look forward to opinions .

https://brave.com/

Heard about it here-

http://weaponsman.com/?cat=1 and scroll down .. You may find this site interesting

We’re Changing Browsers

We have a new favorite browser, as of yesterday: Brave. It’s developed by a team led by Brendan Eich (the former CEO who was unpersoned at Mozilla for donating to the “wrong” cause). In the end, it looks like Eich was actually liberated by the firing — not least, from Mozilla’s antediluvian codebase.

Best things about Brave?
1.It’s wicked fast.
2.It adblocks by default.
3.Really, seriously, fast.
4.It contains antitracking technology (a Stanford study found that half the time users opt out of invasive advertising cookies, the identity thieving ad leeches keep running them anyway.
5.Privacy is engineered in, not ineptly grafted on (we’re looking at you, Firefox) or not even an option (Edge, Safari).
6.Its speed is like suddenly getting a faster internet.
7.It works with everything we’ve thrown at it, with one exception (there doesn’t seem to be any way to use the Press This add-on for WordPress, which dings our workflow a little).
8.One of the devs’ on-site picture shows him flying an experimental plane! Another brother!
9.Opera was just bought by the Chinese MSS unidentified Chinese investors (wink).
10.Did we mention the speed? We really meant to say something about the speed.

Even the lion icon is cool.

bah darn ad blocking things. hard enough as it is!

From a review:

And this is really where you see the difference. Pages load instantly. I can't really benchmark page loads since they happen faster than I can start/stop the stopwatch. Pages with a lot of ads and other junk, ranging from Amazon to Fark to NewEgg to eBay, you name it, load up instantly with Brave, while Firefox, my browser of choice for a variety of reasons, often had lags in load time, and sometimes loaded pages in pieces. Plus, I could safely browse Forbes without being nagged to turn my ad blocker off, although Newsfactor still pestered me to turn my ad blocker off.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3030134/microsoft-subnet/benchmark-tests-brave-browser-ad-blocker-chrome-firefox-ie-11.html

Just now, Fourth echelon said:

adblocking is essential @Ukshep  i use adblocker ultamite!

*pulls his hair out*

1 minute ago, Fourth echelon said:

why?

No reason. None at all :hug:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

No reason. None at all :hug:

all good shep I let ads show on cop.

good ol shep. but who knows? maybe in a few months time, i will get back brave. for now, i have edge, slimjet and FF. iam going to search for another one that is win10 compatible.. try it out, and report my findings

2 hours ago, Fourth echelon said:

why?

This forum uses ads like many other websites. Guess why?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.