Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Man faces prison after allegedly trying to deposit 10,000 bottles in Michigan

6 posts in this topic

Man faces prison after allegedly trying to deposit 10,000 bottles in Michigan

In a memorable episode of Seinfeld, two characters hatch a plot: instead of returning bottles in New York for a 5-cent refund, round up a load of containers and run them to Michigan, where the return is double, at 10 cents each.

In reality, the ploy – returning bottles purchased outside of Michigan to capitalize on the refund – is illegal under the state’s bottle deposit law. And a Michigan resident is finding out just how steep the penalties could be.

Brian Everidge, who is accused of attempting to “return” more than 10,000 bottles from other states, faces up to five years in prison for one felony count of beverage return of non-refundable bottles.

Read the whole post here : http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-faces-prison-after-allegedly-trying-to-deposit-10000-bottles-in-michigan/ar-BBuKwpR?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=HPDHP

Hillary wont go to prison for crimes agents the American people but some guy trying to profit from returning bottles and cans could get up to ? years in a prison !   You can't make this crap up

1 person likes this

:ohmy:

I can't imagine returning 10,000 bottles. I don't like returning them at all so I give them away.
That's some dirty work. He should be praised by the "green" crowed for saving the environment.

2 people like this

12 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

:ohmy:

I can't imagine returning 10,000 bottles. I don't like returning them at all so I give them away.
That's some dirty work. He should be praised by the "green" crowed for saving the environment.

I agree .. I put any thing I have out by a dumpster . Some homeless person will find it .

we always recycle our bottles and cans. nevermind homeless. actually the homeless in our city collects over $65 to 80 dollars worth of stuff so they are well off. unlike them, we can only collect as much as 15.00 thats pitiful

forgot to add, california has that dumb CRV tax on bottles and cans. if we didnt have crv, i could buy up 1 gallon water containers at the dollar tree

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.