Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

California's On Fire

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

UPDATES ON PAGE 3

Can we get some weather modification going and throw some rain on California please?

Sand Fire burns 17 homes, threatens 1,500 others

The massive Sand Fire burned 17 homes in its path and is threatening 1,500 others as the destructive blaze continues to rage on Sunday.

*#SandFire Update* The fire has grown to 22,000 acres and is 10% contained. pic.twitter.com/R5p3Bugo8R

— Angeles_NF (@Angeles_NF) July 24, 2016

According to latest figures released by authorities, the fire has charred 22,000 acres, which amounts to nearly 35 square miles.

Fire officials said Saturday night that the blaze was at 20 percent containment, but the U.S. Forest Service corrected that figure and said the fire remains at 10 percent containment.

More: http://abc7.com/news/sand-fire-burns-17-homes-threatens-1500-others/1440578/

Soberanes Creek, Garrapata State Park, north of Palo Colorado/Big Sur  

10,262 acres - 5% contained

An evacuation center has been opened at Carmel Middle School: 4380 Carmel Valley Rd, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923

Monterey County – Fire and Law Enforcement Officials have issued an Evacuation Warning for all areas of the Carmel Highlands due to the potential spread of the Soberanes wildland fire to the north of its current location. Residents are encouraged to be prepared to leave the area immediately in the event this is upgraded to a Voluntary Evacuation Order.

All residents are asked to be Ready: Create and maintain defensible space and harden your home against flying embers. Get Set: Prepare your family and home ahead of time for the possibility of having to evacuate. Be Ready to GO!: Take the evacuation steps necessary to give your family and home the best chance of surviving a wildfire. For more information on Ready, Set, Go, visit Readyforwildfire.org  

More: http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=1348

Edited by CGK

Are any of these fires close to San Luis Obispo? I have a sister who lives there.

5 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

S'mores?

LOL And roasted hot dogs! 

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL And roasted hot dogs! 

ok brt for the michigan style barbecue.

I like California but I think I am glad to live in a NE Iowa corn field . Hot here today in the 90s but not as hot as it is in Calif. right now .

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.