Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
five

pokemon go people make me sick

23 posts in this topic

seriously. at work today a woman dropped her kids off in a busy parking lot so her kids could look for pokemon. the PARKING LOT. i know it's just a fad and all, but people do incredibly stupid shit while these fads are at their peak. bah!

Agreed.  It's pathetic.  At least they're getting out of the house and exercising, but it's still pathetic.

what's pathetic is now electronic devices have invaded the outdoors as well as indoors, exercise or not. i'm none too happy with this development.

agreed. I think it's just a new means of data gathering. and it's a little frightening to see how quickly this has caught on. 

I don't even know what this whole thing is all about. My son had Pokemon cards when he was a kid. I have no idea why people are running around chasing Poke Ghosts with their phone. But then again, I don't have a cell phone. I wonder if people would look at me funny if I took my cordless phone, land line and ran around the town holding that phone in my hand yelling I found a Charizard! LOL

I suppose, to each his own.  Personally I cannot fathom how people can waste hours and hours playing computer games.  Sure, there may be some benefit but then like most vices, moderation is the key.

I would much rather read a book, do research or make furniture etc.  

21 hours ago, posty said:

agreed. I think it's just a new means of data gathering. and it's a little frightening to see how quickly this has caught on. 

:VzlHwzb:

19 hours ago, Malevolent said:

Personally I cannot fathom how people can waste hours and hours playing computer games.

I think I've developed PSTD from listening to hours upon hours of simulated gun fire.

Won't be long before it's turned to commercial use. Chrysler has a special on mini vans and there's a free 'rare' pokeman in the passenger seat. lol.

Posted (edited)

On 7/21/2016 at 11:34 PM, Malevolent said:

I suppose, to each his own.  Personally I cannot fathom how people can waste hours and hours playing computer games.  Sure, there may be some benefit but then like most vices, moderation is the key.

I would much rather read a book, do research or make furniture etc.  

Well it depends on the person i guess and the game its self.

Not all games are created equal and are designed to make you think.

Take this for example.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn/page577?p=4266018#post4266018

Its a very long read and growing fast. But. In a nut shell.

An unkown probe was found that when scanned shuts down your ships hud display, simple enough right? Well an audio engineer put the corresponding sound through an audio spectrum anaylzer and found a very interesting picture hidden with in it.  The game community is pulling its hair out trying to figure it out. And what it means.  

Cant post pictures here but its really ineresting the level of detail some developers will go to.

Edited by Redlistvet
Added

3 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

Well it depends on the person i guess and the game its self.

Not all games are created equal and are designed to make you think.

Take this for example.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn/page577?p=4266018#post4266018

Its a very long read and growing fast. But. In a nut shell.

An unkown probe was found that when scanned shuts down your ships hud display, simple enough right? Well an audio engineer put the corresponding sound through an audio spectrum anaylzer and found a very interesting picture hidden with in it.  The game community is pulling its hair out trying to figure it out. And what it means.  

Cant post pictures here but its really ineresting the level of detail some developers will go to.

Thanks - will pass this on to my son.  He is a software architect and also writes games.  He was on the local panel of Nag - chances are he knows about it..

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.