Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Winning Hearts and Minds

7 posts in this topic

Something bothered me last night while I was watching the RNC convention.  There was a line in Mike Pense speech that stopped me in my tracks. Here is what he said..

The good news is that it will not be nearly enough. Not against a candidate who captures the attention of the country the way Donald Trump has. Issue by issue, he and I will take our case to the voters. Pointing out the failures of the Obama/Clinton agenda and showing a better way, we will win the hearts and minds of the American people with an agenda for a stronger and more prosperous America.

https://www.romper.com/p/transcript-of-mike-pences-republican-national-convention-speech-shows-he-can-hold-his-own-14654

Those of us who followed the Jade Helm story know that part of their exercise was to win the heats and minds of the American people.

A renewed emphasis on unconventional warfare, including using noncombat techniques to win over "hearts and minds," and understanding social science to wage psychological operations in communities has followed on the heels of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/30939-jade-helm-15-is-not-a-federal-takeover-it-s-domestic-military-expansion

Here is where Mr Pence stands on Homeland Security..

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)

Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)

Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)

Voted NO on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)

Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on continuing military recruitment on college campuses. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on supporting new position of Director of National Intelligence. (Dec 2004)

Voted YES on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. (Oct 2004)

Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)

Voted YES on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns. (Jul 2002)

Rated 0% by SANE, indicating a pro-military voting record. (Dec 2003)

Extend reserve retirement pay parity back to 9/11. (Dec 2007)

http://www.ontheissues.org/IN/Mike_Pence.htm#Gun_Control

Mr Pence choice of words was very interesting...

I don't know what to think about all of this but I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, CGK said:

Something bothered me last night while I was watching the RNC convention.  There was a line in Mike Pense speech that stopped me in my tracks. Here is what he said..

The good news is that it will not be nearly enough. Not against a candidate who captures the attention of the country the way Donald Trump has. Issue by issue, he and I will take our case to the voters. Pointing out the failures of the Obama/Clinton agenda and showing a better way, we will win the hearts and minds of the American people with an agenda for a stronger and more prosperous America.

https://www.romper.com/p/transcript-of-mike-pences-republican-national-convention-speech-shows-he-can-hold-his-own-14654

Those of us who followed the Jade Helm story know that part of their exercise was to win the heats and minds of the American people.

A renewed emphasis on unconventional warfare, including using noncombat techniques to win over "hearts and minds," and understanding social science to wage psychological operations in communities has followed on the heels of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/30939-jade-helm-15-is-not-a-federal-takeover-it-s-domestic-military-expansion

Here is where Mr Pence stands on Homeland Security..

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)

Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations. (Mar 2008)

Voted YES on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)

Voted NO on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)

Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on continuing military recruitment on college campuses. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on supporting new position of Director of National Intelligence. (Dec 2004)

Voted YES on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. (Oct 2004)

Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)

Voted YES on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns. (Jul 2002)

Rated 0% by SANE, indicating a pro-military voting record. (Dec 2003)

Extend reserve retirement pay parity back to 9/11. (Dec 2007)

http://www.ontheissues.org/IN/Mike_Pence.htm#Gun_Control

Mr Pence choice of words was very interesting...

I don't know what to think about all of this but I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

Horrible choices for the 2 major parties.  If Trump was truly a mutant, and I don't believe that for a second,  his choice of Pence proves he was assimilated.

Doesn't want to change no-bid contracts? Crony capitalists. 

Voted yes on Patriot Act? Surveillance with no warrant? No civil oversight? Enough said. 

Yes on funding the wrong war, Yes on a federal driver's license, yes on anothergovernment agency, yes on extending retirement parity? BIG government. 

Where are the fiscal "conservative" values? Non-existing,  that's where. The GOP says they oppse big government,  but it's words only.  They don't mind expanding government at all. 

So, they cut HEW, which does need to be cut, but its a drop in the bucket.  They increase spending on government operation and military.  Education, for example, is 6% of the budget while the military is 55%. They don't even spend it wisely thanks to policies like no-bid contracts. 

The 2 party system irritates me to no end.

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.” - John Adams 

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budget-basics/federal-budget-101/spending/

Edited by octopus prime
2 people like this

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

Marcus Tullius Cicero (Ancient Roman Lawyer, Writer, Scholar, Orator and Statesman, 106 BC-43 BC)

1 person likes this

Good you caught the winning hearts and mind bit.

What is the latest news on Jade Helm 16 ATM? It but all, Jade Helm News, Has just disappeared. I know there has to be some ongoing exercises right now.

Just now, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Good you caught the winning hearts and mind bit.

What is the latest news on Jade Helm 16 ATM? It but all, Jade Helm News, Has just disappeared. I know there has to be some ongoing exercises right now.

I have no idea what is going on with JH16, all I know is when Pense said the hearts and minds line last night I almost fell out of my chair. I rewound the dvr 3 time to make sure I heard that line correctly. He has a shit eating grin on his face when he said it too..

1 minute ago, CGK said:

I have no idea what is going on with JH16, all I know is when Pense said the hearts and minds line last night I almost fell out of my chair. I rewound the dvr 3 time to make sure I heard that line correctly. He has a shit eating grin on his face when he said it too..

Good you caught that, are these guys infiltrating Trumps Inner Circle?

2 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Good you caught that, are these guys infiltrating Trumps Inner Circle?

I think this has been the plan all along...Bait and switch. I guess time will tell.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.