Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Milo Yiannopoulous has been permabanned from twitter

7 posts in this topic

Yesterday, Twitter permanently suspended Breitbart senior editor Milo Yiannopoulos, one of the social network’s most popular conservatives, generating a massive backlash on the platform that is still ongoing. Today, one question is still on everyone’s mind: did Milo actually do anything wrong?

In their email to Yiannopoulos, Twitter said he had been banned for “participating in or inciting targeted abuse of individuals.” And it’s true that Twitter’s terms of service do include a specific ban on abuse and targeted harassment. The question is – did Milo really break the rule?

Keep in mind that Twitter did nothing when Jerome Hudson, a black reporter for Breitbart News, was repeatedly called “coon” by a prominent rapper on the platform. It has also let abusive and racist tweets from Leslie Jones, the Ghostbusters actress who reported Milo to Twitter, stand.

So, either Twitter has a very high bar for what constitutes “abuse and harassment,” or it is simply enforcing its terms of service unevenly, giving some users a pass despite flagrant and shocking rule-breaking.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/20/milo-nothing-wrong/

Milo agrees. In a comment to Breitbart, he said Twitter’s actions over the past 24 hours have permanently ended its old claims to be a a platform for free speech:

Quote

I did nothing wrong. Twitter has suspended me without evidence of wrongdoing and without explanation while allowing the most appalling abuses to continue on its platform. This is political, plain and simple. Leslie Jones ain’t afraid of no ghost– but evidently she’s allergic to bad reviews.

Of course I didn’t break Twitter’s terms of service, they have a whole team of cybersleuths on the Milo beat, so what would be the point? Besides, I don’t need to break the terms of service to point out the mendacious hypocrisy of the left on social media. I suppose I did break Twitter’s unwritten rules by tweeting truths they’d prefer to leave unsaid. Twitter’s permanent suspension of my account makes a mockery of their claims to be a free speech platform.

Twitter is intent on protecting free speech, as long as you are a Hollywood actress who bravely tweets about white people, or a New York globalist advocating for violence against Donald Trump. They’ve made it clear that being gay and conservative doesn’t get me past the velvet rope into their free speech club, which is looking more and more like the same liberal echo chamber the mainstream media turned into decades ago.

My suspension has made one thing clear– Twitter doesn’t stand for free speech. What they do stand for is a carefully crafted facade of leftist approved ideas, and conservatives that don’t stray too far from safe (globalist) ideas. Like so many platforms before them, their efforts to enforce groupthink will be their undoing.

These ass-hat leftists and the way they think is just stupid! pff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can clearly see the support he has - but with most of Twitter shares now in Arab and libtard hands it is for all intent and purpose screwed.  More and more censorship is being applied and it is all one-sided!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malevolent said:

You can clearly see the support he has - but with most of Twitter shares now in Arab and libtard hands it is for all intent and purpose screwed.  More and more censorship is being applied and it is all one-sided!

The control system is trying to keep control. More they try. The more they reveal to everyone what they are! it always balances itself out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ukshep said:

The control system is trying to keep control. More they try. The more they reveal to everyone what they are! it always balances itself out!

The thing is that a lot of the decent Twitterati are now saying to hell with Twitter and they are moving on.  I like Twitter simply because the news and "vibe" is distributed by people (mostly) with no agenda and not "connected" to the MSM - you quickly pick up on those Tweeters who have a finger in the MSM pie.  They cannot help but side with the libshits and their ilk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

The thing is that a lot of the decent Twitterati are now saying to hell with Twitter and they are moving on.  I like Twitter simply because the news and "vibe" is distributed by people (mostly) with no agenda and not "connected" to the MSM - you quickly pick up on those Tweeters who have a finger in the MSM pie.  They cannot help but side with the libshits and their ilk.

That's the side of twitter i avoid due to the army of libtards that can be called upon to defend nonsense!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's Twitter???:dry:

What I  see on the Internet,  in every comments section,  is disgusting.  It let's you know just how dysfunctional the world really is. Internet tough guys and e-thugs everywhere.  

I  wonder just how many of them are really dumbasses, and how much of it is scripted to control. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

What's Twitter???:dry:

What I  see on the Internet,  in every comments section,  is disgusting.  It let's you know just how dysfunctional the world really is. Internet tough guys and e-thugs everywhere.  

I  wonder just how many of them are really dumbasses, and how much of it is scripted to control. 

It's probably 50/50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.