Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

the heat in the uk right now! i feel like a pig in a blanket

16 posts in this topic

the heat in the uk right now! i feel like a pig in a blanket ugh... so sticky and hot

Awwww, C'mon Shep! Its only 92 F there! its 96F every day here in Florida! (of course we have air conditioning like everyone else has heat)

15 minutes ago, Millevolt said:

Awwww, C'mon Shep! Its only 92 F there! its 96F every day here in Florida! (of course we have air conditioning like everyone else has heat)

Different for us in the north lol. Different kind of heat!

5 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Different for us in the north lol. Different kind of heat!

Yeah... same with the cold here... being close to sea level, the denser air takes the heat off your body faster and it feels colder!

Just now, Millevolt said:

Yeah... same with the cold here... being close to sea level, the denser air takes the heat off your body faster and it feels colder!

yip.... :D

also this

#hottestdayoftheyear in the uk right now!

13 hours ago, Ukshep said:

the heat in the uk right now! i feel like a pig in a blanket ugh... so sticky and hot

I feel your pain.  It's so hot and humid here.  Even the breeze feels hot.

On 7/19/2016 at 11:42 AM, Millevolt said:

I'll second that !!! Hot as the devils nutsack in FL this year. Humid too !

2 hours ago, Scumbag Superstar said:

I'll second that !!! Hot as the devils nutsack in FL this year. Humid too !

I know! its KILLIN that electric bill!

Source

The sixth-month period from January to June 2016 was the warmest such stretch in the planet’s history, and each individual month set a new record as the warmest respective month globally in the modern temperature record, a team of NASA scientists revealed on Tuesday.

Those two records are among several climate-related high established so far this year, according to a new analysis of ground-based observations and satellite data conducted by researchers at the US space agency’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York.

As the modern temperature record dates back to 1880, that means that every month of this year so far has been the hottest in more than 130 years, and the six-month period ending in June was an average of 1.3 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the late 19th century.

1 minute ago, Malevolent said:

Source

The sixth-month period from January to June 2016 was the warmest such stretch in the planet’s history, and each individual month set a new record as the warmest respective month globally in the modern temperature record, a team of NASA scientists revealed on Tuesday.

Those two records are among several climate-related high established so far this year, according to a new analysis of ground-based observations and satellite data conducted by researchers at the US space agency’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York.

As the modern temperature record dates back to 1880, that means that every month of this year so far has been the hottest in more than 130 years, and the six-month period ending in June was an average of 1.3 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the late 19th century.

I know for a fact that the uk's weather has changed dramatically over the last 10 years specifically. A Very different feeling as to what i was used to growing up!

4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I know for a fact that the uk's weather has changed dramatically over the last 10 years specifically. A Very different feeling as to what i was used to growing up!

Even in SA - we had a big "heatwave" lasting Nov, Dec and Jan - so far this winter the temp in Johannesburg area has not once gone below 0 Celsius. It is mid winter and today the forecast is 24 C - which is a tad hotter than the norm which is 16 / 17 for this time of year.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.