Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Report: Comcast, Time Warner to meet with regulators about merger

10 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON, April 19 (UPI) -- Representatives of Comcast and Time Warner Cable are reportedly set to meet with Justice officials for the first time this week, in an effort to hammer out details that will push through their proposed $45 billion merger.

It has been more than a year since the cable television subscription giants announced the plan to join forces. But the deal has yet to be approved and federal regulators are concerned the resulting company would wield too much power in the national Internet broadband market.

Regulators from the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission are nearing the final critical stages of evaluating the planned merger.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2015/04/19/Report-Comcast-Time-Warner-to-meet-with-regulators-about-merger/3881429485768/?spt=rrs&or=5

dumb stupid comcrap... no wait..i have over 100 mbps..cant complaiin..but it is still a crap corporation. * evil laugh

no shocker here at all really, both have ate many companies.

1 person likes this

WASHINGTON, April 19 (UPI) -- Representatives of Comcast and Time Warner Cable are reportedly set to meet with Justice officials for the first time this week, in an effort to hammer out details that will push through their proposed $45 billion merger.

It has been more than a year since the cable television subscription giants announced the plan to join forces. But the deal has yet to be approved and federal regulators are concerned the resulting company would wield too much power in the national Internet broadband market.

Regulators from the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission are nearing the final critical stages of evaluating the planned merger.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2015/04/19/Report-Comcast-Time-Warner-to-meet-with-regulators-about-merger/3881429485768/?spt=rrs&or=5

dumb stupid comcrap... no wait..i have over 100 mbps..cant complaiin..but it is still a crap corporation. * evil laugh

​The merger should not be allowed and I will tell you why. If a company cannot expand by the old fashioned way of providing a good product or service giving good customer service in order to gain customers then they should stay the size they are or die out. Buying out other company's in order to gain customers is BS because if those customers had wanted your service to begin with they already would be your customer before hand. See how bad TIME WARNER fucked up CNN when they bought that network from Ted Turner. Before Ted Turner sold his 24 hour news network to TIME WARNER it was the most trusted news source out there. Now look what CNN has fallen to. The bottom of the network news shit barrel.

These big corp mergers do not benefit customers and never has. Just takes away customer choice is all it does. That said it's not my company so nothing lawfully I can do but i can chose who I pay for services with. Luckily I do not live in the Comcast or TIME WARNER cable zone of business.

no shocker here at all really, both have ate many companies.

​And now they eat each other.

I agree there if I wanted time Warner I'd have it.... here we have Cox cable or satelite by dish or satellite direct tv.  and I have Cox 50mbps but get 15mbps real. btw Cox are dix

comcast allows me to have at least 100mbps. bOOm! but since i keep downloading a lot of images for backgrounds, they put their foot down on the virtual brake, ive seen marked slowness all day today.

lol give it time, sooner or later Warner will be the people you have to pay to have access to playing online and watching tv.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.