Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 likes per day?

13 posts in this topic

Today I realized there was a "Like" button.  Within a half hour I received a message telling my that I had reached 6 likes, and that was as many things as I could like for the day.  I can understand why this is the case, because if there were not a limit, people would just go around liking everything which would kinda defeat the point.  Personally, I think 6 is a little low.  Would it be erroneous to suggest making it an even 10?  There's so many more things I like, but I can't like them.  I'm sure others may feel the same.  So then, plays the world's smallest violin for my "white people problems."  :akomjiis:

Just a suggestion.  Thanks for reading.

53 minutes ago, The Clucker said:

Today I realized there was a "Like" button.  Within a half hour I received a message telling my that I had reached 6 likes, and that was as many things as I could like for the day.  I can understand why this is the case, because if there were not a limit, people would just go around liking everything which would kinda defeat the point.  Personally, I think 6 is a little low.  Would it be erroneous to suggest making it an even 10?  There's so many more things I like, but I can't like them.  I'm sure others may feel the same.  So then, plays the world's smallest violin for my "white people problems."  :akomjiis:

Just a suggestion.  Thanks for reading.

First of all apologies for that mistake on my part! system seems to be having issues as of late.

6 seems to be a nice number. otherwise we end up with likes losing their value. 6 keeps them numerous but valuable. So that when a user gets a like they appreciate it more.

I understand.  Just making a suggestion.  Thanks for the reply.  

Honestly though, as for the mistake in your system, I doubt your system "mistakenly" banned me "indefinitely" and accused me of being Ricardo, with multiple accounts.  All I did was make a suggestion that I thought might be something other people would be interested in.  Seems strange that one would consider that a mistake, when after I first got here I asked why my friend Ricardo was banned.  Strange.

Thanks for the reply and apologies, and whatever they say about bygones. 

5 minutes ago, The Clucker said:

I understand.  Just making a suggestion.  Thanks for the reply.  

Honestly though, as for the mistake in your system, I doubt your system "mistakenly" banned me "indefinitely" and accused me of being Ricardo, with multiple accounts.  All I did was make a suggestion that I thought might be something other people would be interested in.  Seems strange that one would consider that a mistake, when after I first got here I asked why my friend Ricardo was banned.  Strange.

Thanks for the reply and apologies, and whatever they say about bygones. 

System flagged your account! i acted on that info! your email made me triplecheck!

Anyway i must be off. Sorry again!

BTW, I'm not trying to be abrasive.  It just seemed beyond coincidence, but I believe you.  Thanks.  Good Luck.

One more thing, only being able to make 6 likes a day may encourage some people to only use the site for a short time, which may not be the best policy, when long-term usage by members is taken into consideration.  Again, I'm not being abrasive.  Just throwing out ideas.

God Bless

1 minute ago, The Clucker said:

One more thing, only being able to make 6 likes a day may encourage some people to only use the site for a short time, which may not be the best policy, when long-term usage by members is taken into consideration.  Again, I'm not being abrasive.  Just throwing out ideas.

God Bless

We've been over the like thing a lot of times, giving too many dilutes it and makes it meaningless.  Sometimes, I'd like to completely do away with likes, but it serves a purpose. Some sites don't have a reputation system, I've been on sites that have them and never bothered to use them.  You should have seen it when we had both positive and negative... that was a real shit show. lol 

I understand that.  I just thought the current number was a bit low, and would discourage people.  It really doesn't matter to me either way.  I've seen a few forums go down the toilet really fast with a "negative" button though.  Someone will make 20 accounts to upvote all of their comments, then downvote everyone's comments that they don't like into oblivion.

Just now, The Clucker said:

I understand that.  I just thought the current number was a bit low, and would discourage people.  It really doesn't matter to me either way.  I've seen a few forums go down the toilet really fast with a "negative" button though.  Someone will make 20 accounts to upvote all of their comments, then downvote everyone's comments that they don't like into oblivion.

Even without multiple accounts, someone with as few as 6 negs per day can ruin someone in short order! 

On Beforeitsnews.com the same idiot would post under 20 or 30 accounts everyday, and his posts were copy/paste spam of the same thing he'd posted over and over.  He would go down the list and vote down comments to where they were at -20, and it would say "This comment has received too many negative votes."  Then you would have to click "show" to see it because it would hide the comment unless you didn't.  He eventually got bored with his little game and left, but it only took a few years.  He admitted to being part of their admin, and when called out the other admin never denied it.  Weird shit.

Then again that site has no reputation counter.  Votes only count case by case, per story.  I think the "reputation" thing is perhaps a bit "high school."  Again, I'm not trying to be abrasive.  It's just my opinion.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:36 PM, The Clucker said:

Then again that site has no reputation counter.  Votes only count case by case, per story.  I think the "reputation" thing is perhaps a bit "high school."  Again, I'm not trying to be abrasive.  It's just my opinion.

ain't that the f***ing truth, rep points for that one!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.