Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Evidence Shows How a $2 Roadside Drug Test Is Sending Innocent People to Jail

12 posts in this topic

Evidence Shows How a $2 Roadside Drug Test Is Sending Innocent People to Jail

By Logan Kirkland July 15, 2016

The use and possession of drugs in the United States is problematic, but a bigger problem that people are facing is the $2 roadside drug test kits used by cops that can lead to false convictions.

In 1973, Richard Nixon established the DEA, declaring “an all-out global war on the drug menace,” which led to a pair of California inventors patenting a disposable comparison detector kit. After trying out these drug kits, police departments across the country ordered the field tests because of their simplicity and quick results.

And yes, the small and cheap drug tests seem straightforward—but they come with multiple inefficiencies.

The kits contain a single tube of cobalt thiocyanate, which turns blue if exposed to cocaine. However, it also turns blue when exposed to methadone, certain acne medications, household cleaners and up to 80 other compounds.

And that’s not the only flaw with this test. Officers are not educated on how it works, often misinterpreting which colors the test is indicating and misunderstanding the results.

Link : http://hightimes.com/news/evidence-shows-how-a-2-roadside-drug-test-is-sending-innocent-people-to-jail/

1 person likes this

So police are pulling everyone over and drug testing them with a 2 dollar drug test? What ever...If I got pulled over for NO reason and they wanted to drug test me I would insist on calling an attorney and having a blood test taken to confirm that I was not under the influence of anything.

Its call Miranda..

You have the right to remain silent.

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

You have the right to an attorney.

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.

If you have NOTHING to hide...that 2 dollar test should not be a problem. Just saying...

2 people like this

The most important thing to remember is NEVER take a plea deal.  

Thats how they get you.  

If the cops don't know how to read the test, then no one is safe from this. 

11 hours ago, CGK said:

So police are pulling everyone over and drug testing them with a 2 dollar drug test? What ever...If I got pulled over for NO reason and they wanted to drug test me I would insist on calling an attorney and having a blood test taken to confirm that I was not under the influence of anything.

Its call Miranda..

You have the right to remain silent.

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

You have the right to an attorney.

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.

If you have NOTHING to hide...that 2 dollar test should not be a problem. Just saying...

I don't think it's a blood or urine test, they drop the alleged drug into a tube to show whether you have cocaine or some other powder. That was my interpretation of it.

Soap tests clean, so punk rocker won't face charges

It was soap, not dope.

That's the verdict from additional testing of the peppermint-scented liquid that got punk rocker Don Bolles arrested on drug charges this month.

Bolles, 50, the legendary drummer for the Germs, spent three days in jail after Newport Beach police said they found GHB, the date-rape drug, inside a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Bolles' 1968 Dodge van.

Police ran a field test on the yellowish goop after stopping Bolles for a broken taillight on April 4.

But a more sophisticated analysis by the Orange County Sheriff's Department crime lab detected no GHB in the soap, officials said Monday. As a result, all charges against Bolles will be dismissed, a spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney's office said.

Meanwhile, the makers of Dr. Bronner's announced that other liquid soaps, including Neutrogena and Tom's of Maine, also can mistakenly register positive for GHB with the field test kit used by Newport Beach police.

Bronner's officials said they experimented with the ODV-brand NarcoPouch 928 test kit and various soaps over the weekend and would post a video of the results on their website next week.

http://articles.latimes.com/2007/apr/17/local/me-soap17

Soap, Drugs, & Rock and Roll
This is the incredible true story of the Germ and Soap Company that teamed up to fight drug charges. David Bronner President of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps shows how natural soaps test positive for the date rape drug GHB using police field kits while detergent based fake soaps always test negative. You got to watch it to believe it.

They sell it as a kids toy at places like Wal mart... it says recommended for kids age 6+ on the package. It doesn't go by the name but theres defiantly like a 8 month supply for around $5. If you look in the toy isle. It's called something rocks.

I thought they had some sort of q-tip thingy with a chemical on it that would change colors when they swabbed your mouth years ago.

3 minutes ago, The Clucker said:

I thought they had some sort of q-tip thingy with a chemical on it that would change colors when they swabbed your mouth years ago.

I don't know, but there's one police department that wants to shove a catheter into you if you refuse their other testing, without any pain killer!  Posted here recently. owww!

I had a friend that drank himself to death at 20.  He was brought back to life on the way to the hospital.  32 shots of whiskey.  Anyway, he woke up with a catheter in his weiner and a cop standing over him.  Worst way to wake up I can think of.  

I have heard that if you refuse a test that under certain circumstances they can get a sample by force.  I don't know if it's true, but it's maybe just a bit invasive.

1 minute ago, The Clucker said:

I had a friend that drank himself to death at 20.  He was brought back to life on the way to the hospital.  32 shots of whiskey.  Anyway, he woke up with a catheter in his weiner and a cop standing over him.  Worst way to wake up I can think of.  

I have heard that if you refuse a test that under certain circumstances they can get a sample by force.  I don't know if it's true, but it's maybe just a bit invasive.

It is definitely true that if you don't submit to drug testing, they will take it. Re: breathalyzer tests, if you don't submit to that they will just mark you guilty and that's that. 

They get what they want either way.  That's the name of the game.  It's tough for a fella in handcuffs to get his way.  Luckily I haven't been on that end of the stick since I was 15.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.