Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigRed

Lake Mead Water Level Mysteriously Plunges After Nevada Quake

18 posts in this topic

A 4.8 magnitude earthquake (originally reported 5.4) shook Las Vegas and surrounding areas Friday morning causing roads and bridges to be closed. The quake went little-reported outside of local news (since there was at first glance minimum damage caused) but, since the quake’s occurrence, something considerably more worrisome has occurred.

In the 36 hours since the quake’s occurrence, water levels at Lake Mead have plunged precipitously. While we know correlation is not causation, the ‘coincidence’ of an extreme loss in water levels occurring in the aftermath of one of the largest quakes in recent Vegas history does raise a suspicious eyebrow – especially when there has been no official word on the precipitous decline.

Read more here: http://right.is/gold-and-precious-metals/2015/05/lake-mead-water-level-mysteriously-plunges-after-nevada-quake-19336.html

2 people like this

Worthy of a pin, imo. 

Note: You have to go all the way back to 1937 for the minimum elevation to be lower than today's recorded elevation.

Well now, that can't be good! My Mom and Dad used to live right there, and
they both used to go fishing in Lake Mead.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

I've had my eye on this story for a couple of days. Here is a link to the current water level.

http://lakemead.water-data.com/

I know that they are building new intake lines. Once the lake reaches 1000 feet the existing intake will no longer be able to draw water from the lake. So a couple of years ago they began construction on new lines at the bottom of the lake allowing them access to the water if it drops  below 1000 feet.

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL - Posted December 12, 2014 - 5:02pm

The American and Italian flags hang from the front of a tunneling machine that just finished drilling a three-mile tunnel under Lake Mead and into a water intake structure placed at the bottom of the reservoir in 2012.

Workers from Vegas Tunnel Constructors, a subsidiary of Italy-based construction giant Impregilo, guided the massive machine to within three millimeters of its intended target.

The circular groves in the foreground were made by the machine’s cutters on a piece of concrete that was pushed along by the tunneler Wednesday as it punched through into the then-water-filled intake structure.

The intake has since been capped and drained to allow workers inside to finish building the new straw that should begin delivering lake water to the Las Vegas Valley by this summer.

Information for this report was provided by the Southern Nevada Water Authority

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/water-environment/machine-drills-3-mile-tunnel-under-lake-mead-photos

Did something happen in the tunnel or straw as they call it? I have no idea but I do know the water level started dropping shortly after the earthquake.

1 person likes this

I've had my eye on this story for a couple of days. Here is a link to the current water level.

http://lakemead.water-data.com/

I know that they are building new intake lines. Once the lake reaches 1000 feet the existing intake will no longer be able to draw water from the lake. So a couple of years ago they began construction on new lines at the bottom of the lake allowing them access to the water if it drops  below 1000 feet.

LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL - Posted December 12, 2014 - 5:02pm

The American and Italian flags hang from the front of a tunneling machine that just finished drilling a three-mile tunnel under Lake Mead and into a water intake structure placed at the bottom of the reservoir in 2012.

Workers from Vegas Tunnel Constructors, a subsidiary of Italy-based construction giant Impregilo, guided the massive machine to within three millimeters of its intended target.

The circular groves in the foreground were made by the machine’s cutters on a piece of concrete that was pushed along by the tunneler Wednesday as it punched through into the then-water-filled intake structure.

The intake has since been capped and drained to allow workers inside to finish building the new straw that should begin delivering lake water to the Las Vegas Valley by this summer.

Information for this report was provided by the Southern Nevada Water Authority

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/water-environment/machine-drills-3-mile-tunnel-under-lake-mead-photos

Did something happen in the tunnel or straw as they call it? I have no idea but I do know the water level started dropping shortly after the earthquake.

​Has any fracking been going on out there? After all, it's become pretty common
out west over the last few years, and fracking can and sometimes does cause
earthquakes.

Anyone know off hand just how far way Lake mead is from yellowstone?

Anyone know off hand just how far way Lake mead is from yellowstone?

​Google says 758 miles.

I posted this link on Full Throttle's Drought Watch thread a couple days ago:

Lake Mead water levels, records continue to fall

Should Lake Mead start 2016 below the 1,075 mark, it will trigger the first federal shortage declaration on the Colorado and prompt Nevada and Arizona to cut back on the amount of water they take from the river.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/water-environment/lake-mead-water-levels-records-continue-fall

1 person likes this

I don't know if  they frack Mole, but I do know they use to blow up nukes underground at the Nevada Test Site...Lots of them! I lived there back in the 70's -80's and they used to rock the city with their tests.

​Google says 758 miles.

I posted this link on Full Throttle's Drought Watch thread a couple days ago:

Lake Mead water levels, records continue to fall

Should Lake Mead start 2016 below the 1,075 mark, it will trigger the first federal shortage declaration on the Colorado and prompt Nevada and Arizona to cut back on the amount of water they take from the river.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/water-environment/lake-mead-water-levels-records-continue-fall

​I missed that one. You were already on it! lol.

On 5/24/2015, 7:17:42, Cryptic Mole said:

I missed that one. You were already on it! lol.

Yep. The pics are remarkable and they're from July of last year.
2Q==http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/1fd935cc787dce62d474659df488396617359cb7/c=98-4-1833-1304&r=x513&c=680x510/local/-/media/USATODAY/USATODAY/2014/07/15/1405432915000-mead071514-001.jpg

1 person likes this

I don't know if  they frack Mole, but I do know they use to blow up nukes underground at the Nevada Test Site...Lots of them! I lived there back in the 70's -80's and they used to rock the city with their tests.

​What the hell cgk, that's even worse than fracking!
No wonder why they're having these problems. Doesn't
take much to trigger something once everything becomes
unstable I suppose. No?

I knew there would be water shortages out west a few years
ago. I just wasn't really sure exactly why though. Now I can
see everything falling into place, and all that seems to be
coming looks like it will be pretty bad with all the other things
happening like fukushima, sea life dying off, and not even
related to fukushima, and all the underwater quakes and
volcanoes off the west coast starting at cali, and all the way
up into canada.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.