Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

D.B. Cooper: FBI closes the books 45 years after skyjacking mystery

2 posts in this topic

<snip>

The elusive case of D.B. Cooper

On November 24, 1971, a dark-haired man who called himself Dan Cooper approached the ticket counter of Northwest Orient Airlines in Portland, Oregon, and used cash to buy a one-way ticket to Seattle.

"Cooper was a quiet man who appeared to be in his mid-40s, wearing a business suit with a black tie and white shirt," the FBI said in a summary of the case on its website. "He ordered a drink -- bourbon and soda -- while the flight was waiting to take off."

After takeoff, he handed a flight attendant a note saying he had a bomb in his briefcase, opening it to show a mass of wires and red sticks, the FBI said.

When the flight landed in Seattle, the hijacker exchanged the flight's 36 passengers for $200,000 in cash and four parachutes, the FBI said, keeping several crew members on board. The flight took off again after he ordered it to fly to Mexico City.

At an altitude of about 1.9 miles, Cooper made his dramatic exodus, disappearing into the night from the back of the jetliner, wearing a suit jacket and with the money strapped to his body.

"If something were to arise -- principally the parachutes or the money -- you know, we would reopen, we would look into this, we would do what we could to bring the perpetrator to justice. But at the same time, after 45 years we just don't think that that's likely," Montoya said.

<snip>

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/world/d-b-cooper-fbi-closes-case/?iid=ob_lockedrail_topeditorial

I doubt if he got away with much, he'd be at least 85 years old right now. LOL   My guess is that he got killed when he jumped and they just never found the body. I guess if they had found him last year, when he was 84 they still would have sent him to prison. Dogged those FBI men, aren't they? Still, an interesting case. Some of the money was found $5800.00, his tie and pieces of parachute. So, that had to be where he was at some point. Who knows what happened to the guy?  Maybe he's in a nursing home somewhere laughing his ass off at this? 

someimes i still think.. did he die when he jumped? was he an experienced skydiver? and what was the real flight plan?  maybe he is in a nursing home. one of life's greatest unsolved mysteries.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.