Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Fresno police release body camera videos in Dylan Noble shooting

2 posts in this topic

The Fresno Police Department released body camera video Wednesday showing Dylan Noble repeatedly ignoring officers’ demands that he stop moving back and forth at a gas station parking lot and show his hands before officers fired their weapons.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said the investigation into the shooting is still underway, and he has not made a decision whether it was justified. But he said he wanted to release the video so the public could see a more complete picture of what officers faced as they confronted Noble and had to make decisions in mere seconds.

Dylan Noble, 19, was fatally shot by Fresno police officers after a traffic stop June 25. Special to The Bee

In releasing the video, Dyer appealed for calm from the community, saying tensions are high in the Valley and around the nation over police shootings, and one spark could ignite a proverbial forest fire.

“I am praying this video doesn’t serve as that spark in this community,” Dyer said.

During an afternoon news conference at police headquarters, Dyer walked reporters through videos from the body cameras of the two officers who fired their weapons. Dyer called the Wednesday conference “the most important” one in his tenure as chief.

Dyer told reporters he had originally planned to release the names of both officers, but he declined to do so Wednesday because the department’s legal counsel instructed him not to. The department has intercepted several threats made against the officers involved, although not by name. He noted that the recent shooting of 12 police officers in Dallas has caused him to fear for the safety of his own officers, especially given the controversy swirling around Noble’s death.

He said the officer driving the patrol car was a 20-year veteran at the department. In a second unit was an officer with 17 years of experience – 10 with the department. The 20-year veteran had never been a part of a police shooting, but the 17-year officer was involved in a 2009 shooting.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article89431417.html#storylink=cpy

See video at link. What would you have done if you were those cops? First, he didn't pull over right away. Then he wouldn't show them both of his hands. Then he took off walking away from them instead of getting on the ground. Then he reached for something and pulled it out, but it looked like a wallet to me, not a gun. (The article says this: "Dyer said that one officer believed Noble had something in his hand. This was later determined to be a 4-inch-by-4-inch piece of clear plastic with what appears to be a grayish clay inside. It is currently being analyzed by the U.S. Department of Justice."

Then he kept coming at them with one hand behind his back until he got shot the first 2 times. Even after he was down he kept doing what they said not to do.  He yelled: "I f***ing hate my life" just before he got shot. Was that suicide by cop or what? This is so messed up! 

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The Fresno Police Department released body camera video Wednesday showing Dylan Noble repeatedly ignoring officers’ demands that he stop moving back and forth at a gas station parking lot and show his hands before officers fired their weapons.

Police Chief Jerry Dyer said the investigation into the shooting is still underway, and he has not made a decision whether it was justified. But he said he wanted to release the video so the public could see a more complete picture of what officers faced as they confronted Noble and had to make decisions in mere seconds.

Dylan Noble, 19, was fatally shot by Fresno police officers after a traffic stop June 25. Special to The Bee

In releasing the video, Dyer appealed for calm from the community, saying tensions are high in the Valley and around the nation over police shootings, and one spark could ignite a proverbial forest fire.

“I am praying this video doesn’t serve as that spark in this community,” Dyer said.

During an afternoon news conference at police headquarters, Dyer walked reporters through videos from the body cameras of the two officers who fired their weapons. Dyer called the Wednesday conference “the most important” one in his tenure as chief.

Dyer told reporters he had originally planned to release the names of both officers, but he declined to do so Wednesday because the department’s legal counsel instructed him not to. The department has intercepted several threats made against the officers involved, although not by name. He noted that the recent shooting of 12 police officers in Dallas has caused him to fear for the safety of his own officers, especially given the controversy swirling around Noble’s death.

He said the officer driving the patrol car was a 20-year veteran at the department. In a second unit was an officer with 17 years of experience – 10 with the department. The 20-year veteran had never been a part of a police shooting, but the 17-year officer was involved in a 2009 shooting.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article89431417.html#storylink=cpy

See video at link. What would you have done if you were those cops? First, he didn't pull over right away. Then he wouldn't show them both of his hands. Then he took off walking away from them instead of getting on the ground. Then he reached for something and pulled it out, but it looked like a wallet to me, not a gun. (The article says this: "Dyer said that one officer believed Noble had something in his hand. This was later determined to be a 4-inch-by-4-inch piece of clear plastic with what appears to be a grayish clay inside. It is currently being analyzed by the U.S. Department of Justice."

Then he kept coming at them with one hand behind his back until he got shot the first 2 times. Even after he was down he kept doing what they said not to do.  He yelled: "I f***ing hate my life" just before he got shot. Was that suicide by cop or what? This is so messed up! 

"I f***ing hate my life" Yep! Way he was reaching for nothing. And his behavior.... Suicide by cop for sure. Least my mind is made up that it suicide by cop.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.