Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Anyone know what this is. My sky is lit up like a christmas tree to the east

27 posts in this topic

what time was it when that pic was taken?  2-3:00 am?

Just now, Jostler said:

what time was it when that pic was taken?  2-3:00 am?

yeh. Moons below the horizon to the west. So i am unsure what this is. You can even see the dark clouds in front of it.

1 minute ago, thedudeabides said:

Light pollution from a nearby city?

City is further north. For where that is in the sky is maybe 15 miles of nothing all the way around but farmland and zero street lights. That was my first thought dude.

Just now, Ukshep said:

City is further north. For where that is in the sky is maybe 15 miles of nothing but farmland and zero street lights. That was my first thought dude.

Well I can see the City of Saginaw in the sky from my residence at night. I am 38 miles from Saginaw.

I'm going to guess noctilucent clouds...but it's an odd time of year for those.  Usually those very high wispy clouds form when air is really cold...so more common in winter, and more common in the arctic.

What time is sunrise where you are Shep?

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Well I can see the City of Saginaw in the sky from my residence at night. I am 38 miles from Saginaw.

Well this is clear of light pollution for 15 miles around. And the nearest city is 45 miles north east. So i assume its not light pollution but Who knows! looks cool at least!

Just now, Ukshep said:

Well this is clear of light pollution for 15 miles around. And the nearest city is 45 miles north east. Who knows! looks cool at least!

:D The earth has many wonders.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.