Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
MKMinimum

Anyone in to vaping?

17 posts in this topic

I am new here and just want to know if I am in the presence of any fellow vapers. Wouldn't mind using this thread to talk about all things vaping.  Things like what do you vape, what are some favorite flavors, are you a DIY ejuice mixer and what are your thoughts on recent FDA decisions to deem all things vaping to be worse than tobacco. 

Looking forward to the replies. :cheers:

Hi MK, I'm totally into vaping. I've got several vaporizers, here's 2 of them:

http://www.vaporfi.com/electronic-cigarettes/vaporfi-vox-mini-40-watt-mod.html

http://vaping360.com/vaporfi-rebel-ii-review/

I also have the 510 but it's not nearly as good as the two I linked above. I can diy and have made some, also mix others up that are premade. My favorite vape is the high voltage stuff in orange creamsicle and almond joy. Also love coffee flavors! 

I've been vaping for a few years now. 

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

@MKMinimum

RE: FDA decisions... they want to tax it, I think. I've not been following what they're up to lately. All I know is that when I smoke I cough like crazy and when I vape, I don't. Lungs are clear. At one point I was ready to put down my vape pens and quit completely, but something came up, I started cigs again and I'm back where I started with vaping high nic levels until I can work my way down. 

Very nice!  

I started vaping around 9 months ago. I started out with an unregulated mod. It was an eleaf ijust2. That one stays in my toolbox at work now.

A few months back I got into the finer parts of sub ohm vaping. My vape of choice is my Kangertech kbox 200 watt with a Uwell crown tank. I use the .25 ohm stainless coils. I love this tank and box combo.

I am very familiar with VaporFi.  When I started vaping I bought many different flavors from there. I got into DIY a few months ago. I have had great success and great failure.  I just loaded up with a caramel cream I made last week and fell in love.

I tend to over do things that interest me. I have an entire cupboard in my kitchen dedicated to DYI. I have at least 30 flavors to play with. I have 3 liters of VG and 1.5 liters of PG. Yeah just a little overboard.  lol

After being a tobacco user for 25 years I started out with 6mg nic and that did not work. I jumped to 18mg nic for a while. Now I feel very comfortable on 12mg nic.

Good to meet another vaper !

:cheer:

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

RE: FDA decisions... they want to tax it, I think. I've not been following what they're up to lately. All I know is that when I smoke I cough like crazy and when I vape, I don't. Lungs are clear. At one point I was ready to put down my vape pens and quit completely, but something came up, I started cigs again and I'm back where I started with vaping high nic levels until I can work my way down. 

FDA wants to eliminate it. I would be fine with paying taxes on it. If you look into the regulations going into effect in August they are insane. 

In a nut shell they will cripple the vaping industry as we know it today. All flavors, all equipment and anything to do with vaping will need to get their blessing. This will cost any vape shop millions of dollars.

The FDA is catering to RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris. They will pretty much be the only two players left in the game. 

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2016/05/20/the-fdas-electronic-cigarette-rules-are-here-and-t.aspx

This link sums it up.

Crap! I just went to that link I had above, I removed it. It says the site may be hacked and I guess the owner has died!  He was young, I don't know what happened. 

i tried the vape, its, not the same, its a different high, and you dont get the cannnaaaabinoids, i even made ones using soldering irons etc back in the day at agricultural college, and made whole rooms in vapourisers, but if you really want to do it the gaulish way, you need a vacuum cleaner, 10 kg of tamacco, and a steel chalice to put it in then sit in room, turn on vacuum. -.-

xD o you mean tabacco, not tamacco, xD  never mind

1 person likes this

Hi, OP.  I'm new here too.  I had vaped for a while, then I saw something online from some sort of study about how the vapor particles are actually smaller than smoke particles, and can embedded themselves deeper into lung tissue.  I've also heard rumors of something called "popcorn lung."  Not exactly sure what that means, but I could take an educated guess.

I don't know if these things are true.  It could just be a smear campaign being run by "Big Tobacco."

My theory is that the long term effects of vaping are not known, so I for one have become weary of it.  On the flip side, I've heard people say in web forums and real life that they feel way better when vaping than smoking, and that they can breathe better and whatnot.

I used to smoke about a 1/2 pack a day regularly for god knows how long. have been vaping for just over 1 yr and have had honestly about 3 cigs in that time and never finished one of them. i do feel better in terms of breathing and smell was first thing to improve. If I had to choose between the two i would go with vaping as it is still a lot less chemicals than a cig. big tobacco companies will get their foot in on it all but by then i hope to just have quit all together. funny how they have places for drug and alcohol addiction but nothing for smokers. just a thought. but for all who vape instead of smoke i believe we are all better off with vaping. best of luck.

On 7/15/2016 at 5:37 PM, The Clucker said:

Hi, OP.  I'm new here too.  I had vaped for a while, then I saw something online from some sort of study about how the vapor particles are actually smaller than smoke particles, and can embedded themselves deeper into lung tissue.  I've also heard rumors of something called "popcorn lung."  Not exactly sure what that means, but I could take an educated guess.

I don't know if these things are true.  It could just be a smear campaign being run by "Big Tobacco."

My theory is that the long term effects of vaping are not known, so I for one have become weary of it.  On the flip side, I've heard people say in web forums and real life that they feel way better when vaping than smoking, and that they can breathe better and whatnot.

You should read up on popcorn lung. It is just a scare tactic. Popcorn lung has to do with inhaling large amounts of artifical butter flavor used in making microwave popcorn. That is where it gets its name. Diacetyl is the chemical culprit, However cigarette smoke contains high levels of diacetyl, on average 100 times higher than a vape.  

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/09/how-the-media-totally-exaggerated-study-on-risk-of-popcorn-lung-from-e-cigarettes/#ixzz4EijcUHNT

Thanks for the info, MKMinimum.  I appreciate it.  It was just something I heard that I thought may be worth mentioning.  Thank you, and Blessings!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.