Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

N Carolina says Dash Cams are Not public Record

5 posts in this topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-keeps-public-seeing-police-camera-videos-203100001.html North Carolina holds police camera videos from public record

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Recordings from law enforcement body and dashboard cameras will not be considered public records in North Carolina under a law signed Monday by Gov. Pat McCrory.

Civil libertarians and social justice activists said the law will make it more difficult to hold officers accountable.

(Cut)

For the greater good of course.  

This is a dissapointment.  Once an investigation is complete, all video should be released to the public.  They serve us, not the other way around.  

That's like telling an employer he can't observe and judge the value of an employee's work.  Every state senator that voted for that bill + the governor who signed that into law should be recalled by angry constituents. 

Of course it won't be public record. They want us fighting as much as possible. Also why I carry my own. I use a Möbius action camera. They were originally made for drones but because of computers these days people make all kinds of 3d printed things for them. I also use it when I go do my competition shooting matches. The video quality is up there with gopros at way less then half the price.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.