Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The gay guy gets it, Hollywood doesn't. 

http://www.oann.com/actor-takei-says-making-star-trek-character-sulu-gay-unfortunate/

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Veteran “Star Trek” actor George Takei may have been the inspiration to make fan favorite character Hikaru Sulu gay in the franchise’s new film, but he called the decision “really unfortunate,” media outlets reported on Friday.

Takei, who is gay in real life, told the Hollywood Reporter that while he was “delighted” that “Star Trek Beyond” included a gay character, the new version of Sulu does not reflect the original vision of “Star Trek” creator Gene Roddenberry, who died in 1991 at age 70.

Sulu was conceived as a heterosexual character, Takei said.

“Unfortunately, it’s a twisting of Gene’s creation, to which he put in so much thought. I think it’s really unfortunate,” the 79-year-old Takei told the publication.

(Cut)

Edited by octopus prime

It's really sad 😢.

Apparently almost all children's icons like Cpt. America, IronMan and now Sulu have to go the way of the gay agenda.

I have personally met George and I know that his love for Star Trek and his admiration for Gene is sincere.

I can tell you that this turn in character really hurts him as it should us all.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Team Uzi said:

It's really sad 😢.

Apparently almost all children's icons like Cpt. America, IronMan and now Sulu have to go the way of the gay agenda.

I have personally met George and I know that his love for Star Trek and his admiration for Gene is sincere.

I can tell you that this turn in character really hurts him as it should us all.

Edited by Cryptid Mold

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.