Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

What pop culture reminds us about the good in this world worth fighting for

1 post in this topic

Note: This story was originally published on August 26, after the murder of news reporter Alison Parker and photojournalist Adam Ward. But considering the nightmare in downtown Dallas tonight (not to mention a far-too-long list of other tragedies that have happened this year alone), it seemed appropriate to bring it back.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

That quote comes from John 1, but despite being a Christian for most of my life, I didn't really acknowledge it until I heard author Ted Dekker reference it multiple times (including in two of his novels). Dekker has spent much of his career writing dark stories where he paints evil with "a very dark brush." But even his darkest stories, he says, are stories of redemption. "I'm being rescued every time I write a story. That's actually why I write stories."

http://www.guidelive.com/culture/2015/08/26/even-times-darkness-good-world-worth-fighting

said samwwise gamgee to frodo : "Sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy?" the hobbit asks in Lord of the Rings. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?" 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.