Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Texas Open Carry to go to Governor Abbott

3 posts in this topic

Posted on May 22, 2015

By Dean Weingarten

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/breaking-texas-open-carry-to-go-to-governor-abbott/#axzz3b0E1qcC9

Read the rest of the Article in the link above - this is just a snip

Senator Whitmire (D) Houston, during his non-filibuster filibuster.

I just watched hours of debate in the Texas Senate on Committee Substitute HB 910.  The Senate Committee had removed the Dutton amendment, that stipulated that the police could not stop you for merely exercising your right to carry openly, and ask for a permit or license.    Here is the amendment:

CERTAIN INVESTIGATORY STOPS AND INQUIRIES PROHIBITED.   A peace officer may not make an investigatory stop or other temporary detention to inquire as to whether a person possesses a handgun license solely because the person is carrying a partially or wholly visible handgun carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

I don't understand this though A's comment cleared it up a bit.
In my state anyone can open carry. You only need a licence to CC.
Having both seems redundant.

Come And Take It Texas
18 hrs ·

*notice*

Apparently their MAY be a clerical error in the amendment on HB 910 that passed tonight and it MAY have to go to another committee. It's apparently one word off on something. It may be early next week before we know FOR SURE If it is ready to go to Governors desk. We do know for sure it has the votes on both sides with the amendment so I'm sure it will still be a green light BUT a small hiccup had came up.

Hold for updates.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.