Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

Gingrich: White Americans don't Understand Being Black in America

7 posts in this topic

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-updates-1468001199-htmlstory.html

Most white Americans "don't understand being black in America" and the discrimination African Americans face, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, said Friday.

Gingrich, who is among a group of individuals presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump is vetting as a possible running mate, made his remark during a Facebook town hall with Van Jones, a former aide in the Obama administration.

The event had been scheduled to focus on opioid use, but with the nation reacting to two highly publicized shootings of black men by police this week, followed by the killing of at least five Dallas police officers in a gun attack Thursday night, the two shifted to talk about race and ways to bring the nation together. 

"It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years to get a sense of this," said Gingrich, who served as speaker from 1990 until 1995 and who represented an Atlanta-area congressional district for two decades.

"If you are a normal white American, the truth is you don’t understand being black in America," he said.

(Cut)

Just now, counterintelligence said:

It's almost like the blacks think we owe them a living so they can shit on us...

I  refuse to think like that even though it gets harder every day.  They are allowing themselves to be manipulated and that I  can't stomach.  But so do other races and I don't really have time and energy for that kind of emotion. 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

I  refuse to think like that even though it gets harder every day.  They are allowing themselves to be manipulated and that I  can't stomach.  But so do other races and I don't really have time and energy for that kind of emotion. 

The sooner they sign up for section 8 housing, the earlier they get this mentality.  It's nothing against you personally, it's just the way this works.  

Just now, counterintelligence said:

The sooner they sign up for section 8 housing, the earlier they get this mentality.  It's nothing against you personally, it's just the way this works.  

Yes, depending on the government has that effect. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.